Friday, 16 July 2010

Motivet - We Make A Great Pair......


Good morning everyone!

Here is a card I managed to finish last night using another of the gorgeous stamps from the new collection at Motivet. If you haven't already visited their site and made a purchase then I urge you to do so...... there is so much delish rubber to be found!!! This beauty was such a joy to colour.


The papers I've used are from a new collection by Papermania called Persimmon and they have a distinctly vintage feel which I adore. The lace, cardboard corners and black dew drops were all sent to me by my lovely friend Annika..... that girl really knows my taste I can tell you. I love everything she sent me!!! I punched out some of the flowers with an EK Success punch and the leaves with a Leone Em punch. The additional flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts which means I can enter my card into their very first challenge which can be found here...... the theme this week is 'Say It With Flowers'. I found the perfect sentiment to match my image too..... this is one of the vintage transfers by Melissa Frances.

Well today is a bit of a sad day for me as I finish childminding after eight years! As well as working school hours in a college I also look after a boy before and after school and today is his last day with me as he's moving on to High School in September. It will seem so strange when I no longer have him as he has become one of the family really and has got on so well with my own kids. He arrived with his Mum this morning laden with a huge bouquet of flowers and some gifts..... I really did feel a bit choked!!! Oh well, things do have to move on I suppose and it's only one more year until my youngest starts High School so things will change again.

I'm off to work now, armed with some beautiful gifts for a colleague who has turned twenty one. We had a collection in the office and I went shopping..... I'm always the one chosen to shop which is probably because I'm a total shopaholic..... something I think all of us lot can identify with right, lol?!

Have a fun day and thanks so much for calling on me today ;o)

TTFN and TFL, hugs Tara xxx

19 comments:

CraftyC said...

TOtally stunning, I love this card Tara. Enjoy your last day!!
Clairex

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Tara,
This is stunning. No other word for it. Beautiful image and flowers. fabulous card.
Hugs,
Fiona x

debby4000 said...

Oh wonderful card Tara, such gorgeous details.
luv
Debby

Faerielore said...

This card is stunning darling such a cute image, and that is sad i bet you will really miss him, you have my dream job id say !!!! i would love to be a childminder and if i was follow my heart i would be a nursary school teacher, oh well never mind boring secretary work for me it is hehehehehe

Annika said...

OK, one of those days I will pull out my Prismas and have a go. I just LOVE your colouring!! And it's so exciting to see the stuff I picked out on your cards, delighted that you like it!!!
Regarding the leaves on my card... bit of a problem there, my friend Viv sent me those from - wait! - New Zealand!! lol BUT she said she got them from florist so maybe worth checking out your local ones! The leaves are not fabric or paper, they're kinda pliable plastic, the kind they would use in those never-wilting wreaths.
Hugs
Annika

Annika said...

...and how on Earth do you line up the punch so well on opposite sides of paper is totally beyond me!!!

Riet said...

Beautiful card Tara,i love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Janette said...

Hi Tara,Well firstly let me say your card is stunning and love the raindrops...fab idea...may steal that sometime...lol....as for your sad day...it's always hard isn't it,felt for you when I read it,he will surely miss you and your family too.....hope your fine,take care.xx

Sue said...

Hi Tara
luv it hun, gorgeous card, awesome colouring as always, lovely image, beautiful papers & embelies,have great weekend hun, sue,x

Danni said...

Awww, so sweet! Adorable card!

Georgia said...

WOW MUM! This is amazing, I absolutely love the colour scheme, so striking! And the image is soooo cute!! I also love the faux stitching you've added and the stunning flowers, I love everything! Definitely one of my favourite cards of yours! :) Love, Georgia xxxxxx

Kathy said...

Adorable card Tara!!!!! I love this image and that sentiment is just perfect with it!!! Great colors and of course your details are fabulous!!
Hope you have a great week-end :)Kathy

Pia said...

wow what a cute image , beautiful card.
hugs Pia

Michele said...

Such a gorgeous card Tara. Love the colours you've used and the pretty details also. Hugs Michele x

Lisa said...

Hi Tara, Beautiful card! Such a sweet image and fab sentiment.

Lisa x

Sarita said...

Love these Persimmon papers, they're such gogeous colours, and what an adorable image.
So sad that things come to an end, hopefully there will be a bright new beginning for you in the near future,
Love Sarita xx

Kim Piggott said...

Oh this is utterly adorable Tara!
I love this sweet image and you flowers are so pretty!
Gorgeous creation!
hugs
kim x

Mau xx said...

Just popped over from DC to check out your blog, what a Gorgeous surprise. It is Stunning, I love your work, a real inspiration.
Hugs Maureen xx

cats whiskers said...

Oh Tara this is a fab creation love how you have used the flowers thanks for joining us at WOC this time
Hugs Jacqui x