Tuesday, 2 November 2010

To The North Pole.......


Hiya folks!

When I saw the latest sketch over at Just Magnolia I knew I wanted to play along, so this card is the result of that. The DT produced some gorgeous samples and it was fun to play along! I hope you can still spot the original layout because I have added lots of layers and slanted some a little...... oh and I flipped the sketch from left to right too!


I used this gorgeous new Tilda carrying a Christmas tree (boy that girl must be strong, lol) from the latest Magnolia collection and one of the older Christmas scenes for a background. I think she went right over to the North Pole to collect her tree you know...... well alright but just humour me will you, hee hee! Because I do love Christmas sooooooooo much!!!


As you can hopefully pick up from this picture, I have glittered and sparkled the image as much as possible!! And I also added some liquid pearl snow dots to the mix.

The papers are Webster's Pages and the flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts...... and those yummy berries were picked up last year from Tesco's Christmas section!!!

I'd also like to enter the following challenges:

WOC - Classic Christmas

Sir Stampalot - Christmas Traditions

Stampartic - Glitter

Colour Throwdown - Riding Hood Red, Vanilla, Certainly Celery

ASFOS - Relish To Embellish


Thanks so much for stopping by today ;o)

TTFN and TFL, hugs Tara xxx

21 comments:

Juls said...

such a fabulous winter scene! Love the distressed look too! HUgs Juls

mustavcoffee said...

I'm with you Tara, Christmas is the very best time of the year!
Tilda is so sweet in your card and I love it all, just brilliant :0) xx

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Tara,
You have created a fantastic scene here and Tilda is beautiful in front of it. Gorgeous colours and sparkle on this wonderful card.
Hugs,
Fiona x

brenda said...

Hello Tara

What a gorgeous card, your colouring is just perfect.

Thank you for joining in at Stampalot Challenge this month and good luck.

B x
More Stampalot candy here

Clare *Littlebear* said...

Gorgeous card Tara. A wonderful scene and fabulous embellishments.
Thank you for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
Clare x

Riet said...

So gorgeous card Tara,I love the images and the colours
so gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

TaraG said...

OMGosh! I absolutely love this card, sweetie! I pre-ordered a bunch of the new Maggie Christmas stamps from SSS and now I just have to patiently wait for them to arrive....not easy to do,lol! Unfortunately, I didn't get this cutie patootie...ugghh!!!! She is a doll! You have coloured her beautifully...love the pink leggings and ugh boots...gosh, she is adorable. Love her with this Magnolia Background stamp too...how brilliant! I really need to use my background stamps more! Absolutely stunning,Tara. I am so nspired now to make a card!!! I wish I was at home and not work,lol!
Hugs,t

Karen said...

what a cutie she is, lovely card, hugs x

pinky said...

Tara I absolutely adore this card. What a gorgeous little scene you have created for Tilda. Love the distressed look, just fits perfectly. Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
Pinky

coldwaters2 said...

WOW Tara this is awesome I love Tilda and the Christmas scene this is a true beauty.
Hugs
Lorraine x

chris said...

Hi Tara, this is just so so PERFECT, i LOVE IT. SOOOOOO MUCH.
I dare bet it took you a long time to make as there is lots of interest on it. really beautiful.

Thanks for joining us in the Sir Stampalot Challenge and good luck. hugs chris xx

Julie said...

Such a pretty card.

Kelly Schelske said...

This is just gorgeous Tara! I love the scene and the flowers and berries, beautiful work!

debby4000 said...

Oh this is adorable Tara, wonderful card.
luv
Debby

Annika said...

The way you have coloured the landscape is uber cool! Would love to try it out! Beautiful scene - and Tilda looks so cute with her littl Christmas tree!
Hugs
Annika

Francesca said...

A Beautiful christmas card , thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month and good luck
Hugs
Francesca

Stella said...

Just love everything about this card Tara !!! Stella

Cordine said...

It's gorgeous!
Hugs
Cordine

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Sir Stampalot’s challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Sally H said...

A fabulous Christmas card! Thanks for sharing with us at Sir stampalot this month and good luck!

SasSa said...

Wow Tara! It´s absolutely stunning!
But.. we have that one little rule in StampARTic that we want the cards to be for our challenge only. So sorry!!!
Hope you join us again but of course only to our challenge then. :)
Wish you a nice day.
Best regards SasSa