Sunday 21 February 2010

Basic Grey Week 14 - Colour Combo......



Good morning Peeps!

I'm late with my DT card for this week's Basic Grey Challenge, sorry about that! I had alot going on yesterday and time just slipped away.

We have a fab colour combo to share with you this week of Maroon, Lemon and Pink and I reckon this one is sure to get your creative juices flowing! My teamies have come up trumps as always with some magnificent creations and they've used some very yummy papers! Also, check out the amazing prize on offer, I really want those sentiment stamps all to myself, lol!

I chose to work with a circular shape for my card as I wanted to create something a little bit different from my normal 6x6 safe square! I used papers from the lemonade range and I must admit my lemon is more of a dirty yellow but I think it'll just about pass! I used one of the Tilda beauties from last years Chasing Butterflies collection and added some punched flowers and leaves..... plus I glittered Tilda's wings but I'm not sure you can pick that up from my photo and may need to zoom in.

Finally, I thought I'd leave you with a piccie of what I woke up to this morning..... yet more snow!!! When will it end? Usually in the UK we're beside ourselves with excitement when we see a sprinkling of the white stuff, but this year I think it's more of a shock when it rains, lol!!!

Enjoy a peaceful Sunday ;o)

TTFN and TFL, hugs Tara xxx

17 comments:

Ruth said...

Hi Tara, they just get better! This is adorable! The big flowers,the leaves, the paper....Wow! Ruth x
PS We have had a big snowfall overnight,too!

Julie said...

Fantastic Tara (the card, but you as well!! LOL!) I love the shape and the way your leaves trail off the edges - beautiful feature!! The colours are rather lovely and suit this little lovely perfectly!!

Snow, snow go away - we're all totally bored with it now!! Juliex

cheryl said...

oh tara hun this is brill love the shape and the detail is just amazing love those papers,hugs cheryl,
so sorry to hear you still have snow ours now is all gone finally thank goodness take care hugs cheryl xxxx

Lisa said...

Hi Tara, Gorgeous card! Love the papers and sweet Tilda. It has been snowing heavily here for the last hour. I am a little fed up with it now!

Lisa x

gina g said...

Hi Tara Gorgeous card i love the colour and those flowers are lovely. You can keep the snow though we don't want it down south lol, enjoy your day. luv gina xx

CraftyC said...

Love your card Tara, great shape and pretty papers. We've had non stop rain here in Kent today. I so wish it was snow so am a tad jealous!!
Clairex

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty card Tara!! Love the shape and colors on this one!! It's so good to be able to see you again!! HUGS

Dawn said...

Hiya Tara
Wow your card is just stunning, gorgeous details!

Och we have loads of snow too and I'm really fed up of it now!
Have to get the bus to work as I refuse to drive in it!!

Hugs
Dawn

Janiel/ janny said...

Hi Tara, You mailed the challenge sweetie!! Love your card!!!
Oh that snow looks so pretty!!
hugs, Janiel

Stacey said...

Totally stunning Tara! I really love this unusual design and the colours are just delish! ♥

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Tara,i love your image and papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

coldwaters2 said...

Oh I have fallen in love again people will think I am fickle but I just can't help it Tilda coupled with your beautiful design is just irresistible

Hugs
Lorraine x

debby4000 said...

Adorable circle card Tara, love Tilda. No snow here in Surrey.
luv
Debby

Di said...

Hi tara Hun wow this card is a stunner love your flowersa and the leaves also love that round shape. Its just gorgeous!
Your garden look like mine with the trampoline, but my kids decided it would bw fun to jump on it covered in snow!!1 hence thay all got very wet and cold!! rather them than me, too old now for that caper!!
Fab card hun, lets hope the snow goes and we get some warmer days soon.

Hugs Di xxxxx

Kelly Schelske said...

Gorgeous Tara!

Anonymous said...

Your card is just "Perfect"! You are such a talented gal!
Wow look at all of that snow! and I was thrilled with our big snow storm here in Alabama. (You can see a pic on my blog)LOL!
Stay warm!
Hugs,
Pam

PinksyDoodles said...

This is beautiful. I love the big flowers and leaves.
Clare x