Tuesday 8 June 2010

Home Sweet Home......


Good morning everyone!
I really had to kick my own butt right out of my 6x6 square card comfort zone this week..... and here is the result! A bird house card!! I remember seeing one of these sometime last year and making a mental note to have a go at one sometime.... I wish I'd remembered where I saw it though as I had to conjur this one up from scratch.... no template to follow! To be honest it was quite easy to create something, as I just folded a large piece of card and cut out the main shape of the birdhouse and then I cut out three strips for the base and roof.

I used some yummy Basic Grey papers and lots of vintage lace and pearls on this card, along with a sweet Hanglar boy for the image. The flowers were cut from the MS Hydrangea punch and the leaves from a Sizzix die. I have a little tip for using die cuts which you might like to use..... if you're anything like me it's a hassle to get a die out and run it through the machine sometimes ( very lazy I know but I've got used to the instant results you get with punches), so I tend to get white card and have a mammoth die cutting session so I've got lots of leaves and flowers at the ready. Then when I want to add some to a card I just colour them with markers or Distress Inks and you tend to get a perfect colour match with the other things you've coloured on your card..... hope that helps!

I'm entering this card into the following challenges today:

Everybody Art Challenge - Things with Wings

Crafty Calendar Challenge - Bugs and Beasties

A Spoon Full of Sugar - Floral Delight

Daring Cardmakers - Pearls

Sentimental Sundays - New or Neglected Stash (new Stempleglede circle stamp)

Stampin' Sisters in Christ - Genesis 1:26

The Corrosive Challenge - Die Cuts

Edited to add...... Can't believe it, there's actually a bird house challenge out there in blogland this week.......

Dutch Dare - Bird House Card

Have a fab Wednesday and hope it's a creative one too!

TTFN and TFL, hugs Tara xxx

31 comments:

Ruth said...

Ah, this is gorgeous! Hope you are well, I haven't heard from you in a while..Ruth x

Daisy said...

Esta precioso.
te felicito.

Michele Roos said...

WOW this is a fabulous card Tara. Love the design of this and the papers also. Hugs Michele x

Juls said...

this is sooooo sooooo gorgeous!!! Love the shape of the card, and all the gorgeous gorgeous details!! The lace the florals, the little polka dot window!!! Perfection!! LOVE IT!! Hugs Juls

Dena said...

OMG Tara!!!! So adorable!!! I used to make birdhouse cards all the time LONG ago!!! You have inspired me to make another one. This is adorable! Great trim and papers too!
Hugs, Dena

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Awwwwww... Beautiful bird house card, very innovative ;) Thanks for sharing your creation with us at the Sentimental Sundays ;-)

Julie said...

Truly brilliant.x

Riet said...

Ohhh Tara,this is so beautiful,i love your image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

CraftyC said...

This is adorable Tara, you done a fantastic job making this card!
Clairex

Ingrid said...

It's tweety nice! You did a great job.
Hugs Ingrid

Julie said...

This is very cute Tara, lovely work

coldwaters2 said...

Wow this is amazing Tara a brilliant bird house gorgeous papers loving that lace and that image is gorgeous.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Caroline said...

Well Tara this is amazing!! I love the bird house and those trailing flowers look stunning along with the sweet image. Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Calender Challenge this month. Caroline x

Jo Nevill said...

Tis I, that stranger friend of yours ! hehehe !! Hope you are OK darlin and having some luck with your house sale. Been up to my eye balls in it as usual but never stop thinking about you and how you are getting on. See you have been making some super duper cards lately, at least your mojo is still with you !

Take care and love to all the family. I will be in touch again very soon, promise !

Huge hugs and sloppy kisses,

Jo xxxx

jannes hobbykrok said...

This is the most gorgeous creation I have ever seen!Sooo beautiful!
Love,Janne

Lisa said...

Hi Tara, Wow this is fantastic! Such a sweet image and I love how the flowers trail down the side of the birdhouse.

Hope all is well with you.

Lisa x

Leonie said...

Beautiful birdhouse card! Love everything about it!
Thanks for playing along at EAC!

Leonie ~♥~

June Houck said...

Wow, Tara, I have been away from blogging for a while, and look what I come back to! Your bird house card is inspiring...you are so creative!

peggysue said...

You didn't use a template for this? Wow you did a fabulous job! So sweet, reminds me of cuckoo clocks I've seen overseas. Thanks for participating in the Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenge!

Anonymous said...

OMGoodness is this the cutest thing!!! Thank you so much for sharing your art with us at Stampin' Sisters in Christ this week.

Lovely Linda said...

Oh my giddy aunt tata - this is just divine - you are one amazing artist! I love your birdhouse and those fabulous flowers - you know we all love that adorable little boy - this card is a winner on every level! Love it! Thank you for joining us at Stampin' Sisters in Christ this week, we would love to see you again next week! God bless you! (((Hugs)))
Linda SSIC Design Team

Ingrid said...

Hi, me again :-) Maybe I found where you saw this birdhouse idea... You could check here for a free birdhouse template. But we all can see that you don't need a template, you create one yourself!
Have a nice day.
Hugs Ingrid

Danielle said...

Wow Tara, this bird house card is stunning! So beautifully put together and I love the pretty papers and the gorgeous lace! The Hanglar stamp is just perfect and I really love the 'trail' of flowers!! You could put this into Cute Card Thursday too (anything but a square card)!!
Have a great start to the weekend!
Hugs, Danielle

Kerry said...

Wow Tara, I can't believe you made the bird house from scratch - I wouldn't know where to start. I love the H & S image - I really want one of these images. Gorgeous papers. love Kerry xxx

Lexxie said...

This is fantastic Tara!! Your bird house is perfect, all the embellishments are just so fab, and it looks soo good set against all that natural foliage. And fancy finding the perfect challenge as well!
Really really fab Tara, I love it,
Love Sarita xx

Unknown said...

It's lovely! I love the lace and the flowers!
Thanks for joining the Dutch Dare Card Challenge.

Kathy W. said...

Gorgeous Bird house. It's so beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us at Stampin Sisters in Christ.

~Kathy

Kimberly S said...

What a super cute project! Thanks so much for joining us for this week's Sentimental Sundays! :)

Tina46 Kreativblog said...

sweet card Tara!!thanks for joining in our challenge.
hugs tina46
eac-team

Unknown said...

O this card is just adorable! And designed all by you, from beginning to end. Wow!
You said there was no template to follow. Did you miss the one I offered? It was really there to grab for you (of course you still can, in case you might want to make another one sometimes).
I love the lace on the roof and bottom. The leaves look great on the house too.
Thanks for joining us at DDCC.
xx Monica

Kelly Schelske said...

This looks fabulous Tara!

Thanks so much for playing along with us at DDCC!

Hugs, Kelly