Tuesday 27 April 2010

Fabulous Darling........


Helloooooooooo!
What a glorious day! The sun is shining, it's warm and the birds are singing! Makes you glad to be alive!!!

Well my daughter Georgia had some fabulous news this week when she found out she got an A* for her Media GCSE coursework...... she's worked so hard and so deserves to do well. She had to create her own magazine layout, four pages in total...... but of course she went the extra mile and produced a WHOLE magazine!!!!! I wish it could go on general sale in the shops so you could all take a peek, lol!

I just had to make her a card to let her know how proud her family is...... and the sentiment 'Fabulous Darling' was the perfect choice! There's a fab sketch over at Friday Sketchers this week so I decided to follow the layout and that's how my card came together. I'm also entering A Spoon Full Of Sugar where the theme this week is 3D....... well I raised my image and butterfly so I think that works.

The pretty papers are Basic Grey and I used one of the new Tildas from the Fairytale collection. I held back on adding too many flowers and embellies but did manage to cut out a bit of the paper to create a butterfly. Oh and I embossed a panel behind Tilda because I feel that my embossing folders seem to get overlooked these days!

Finally here's a close up of Tilda so you can see the glittery bits..... it's always so hard to photograph the sparkle on cards I think but this captures it well enough ;o)

Well I hope you enjoy your day..... I'm working but I can still look at the sun through the office window and I might just nip out at lunchtime and eat my sarnies on the grass behind the car park!

Toodles for now......... TTFN and TFL!

Hugs Tara xxx

16 comments:

debby4000 said...

Oh gorgeous card Tara, fab image and details. Congrats to your DD.
luv
Debby

CraftyC said...

Such a pretty card Tara, love the summery feel. Congratulations to Georgia, Ii know how much pressure kids are under with the workload nowadays. My dd's the same. Enjoy the sarnies!
Clairex

Dena said...

Oh Tara, I bet she LOVES her card. Congrats to your daughter for the great job in school!
This is a "happy" card. The image just looks like she is carefree having a good ole time and the colors you used are so perfect!!!!!
Hugs, Dena

Juls said...

so so so gorgeous!!! Love the combo of colours! and her little yellow dress is just too gorgeous!! gorgeous butterfly such a stunning creation! Hugs Juls

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Tara,i love your image and papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Sue said...

Hi Tara
aww gorgeous card hun, luv all the detail on it, feels like summers on its way, well done yo your daughter, sue,x

Pia said...

wow Tara what a beautiful card, lovely summer colours.
hugs Piaxx

Di said...

WOW Tara this IS FAbulous Darling!!! Its just gorgeous i love the papers and the colours your daughter must love it and congratulations to her, well done isnt she a clever girl! you must be proud!
Love the photo too in the sun it looks great!
Hugs di xxx

gina g said...

Hi Tara fabulous card love the butterfly he matches the papers beautifully. Well done to Georgia too. luv gina xx

Mina said...

oh wow well done Georgia, stunning card Tara, I always love the colours you use
Mina xxx

cheryl said...

oh another gorjus card hun love that tilda perfect colurs too love cheryl xxxxxxx

Laura (Faerielore) said...

WOW that is fab news, well done georgia !!!!! i bet your so proud :) this card is stunning darling i bet she loves it xxxx

Lisa said...

Hi Tara, Gorgeous card! Such a sweet Tilda image and fab papers. Congrats to Georgia - you must all be so proud of her!

Lisa x

Georgia said...

Thank you so much for this card Mum, I absolutely love it! The image is sooo pretty and I really love the gems and lovely papers! :) Love, Georgia xxxxxxxx

Stampin'Piper said...

Great card! Love the fresh colours and Tilda is so cute!

Thanks for joining the Friday Sketchers!

Hugs Tanja

Marley said...

Stunning card. Love the colours you used and the image is great; awesome colouring! Big hugs Marley