Sunday 4 September 2011

In Dreams......


Good morning everyone!

It's nice to be posting a card at last..... I've been a little preoccupied this last fortnight with a job move and getting the kids ready for the big return to school tomorrow.... I will be so sad when they go back because I've loved every minute of the holidays and, as my son embarks on his journey into high school and my daughter is near to finishing, I realise how fast they grow up and that we should truly treasure EVERY moment! I've booked a day off work tomorrow as I know I'll probably spend the whole morning in tears.... the last of my babies going to big, big school..... sniff!! I thank God each and every day for my wonderful family ;o)

Anyway, enough of my sentimental rambling and on to the task in hand, lol! I got up this morning and had a look at the new challenges posted..... Sketchy Colours caught my eye so I made this card with the colour combo 'Beige, Brown and Purple' in mind. I hope it's okay that I also added some green.... can't help it really, it's a foliage addiction you see, lol!!


I have no idea where the lovely papers are from.... they were just lurking in my stash. The image is from my Luna Girls CD and the sentiment is Tim Holtz. I've used Marianne and DooHickey dies and added some of my handmade torn roses for a shabby chic effect. The gorgeous metal butterfly was sent to me by my lovely friend Heather.

I'm entering the following challenges:

Vintage Udfordring - Use Metal

Aud Sentiments - Card/Sentiment For A Girl

Bearly Mine - Flowers, Flowers, Flowers

By The Cute And Girly - All Things Bright And Beautiful

Charisma - Anything Goes

Craft Your Days Away - Make Your Own Flowers

Crafty Creations - 3 Or More Dies Or Punches

Creative Card Crew - Anything Goes

Desert Island - Itinery : I used 6, 7, 8

Fun With Shapes And More - What You Want

Marianne's Design Divas - Anything Goes

Moving Along With The Times - Handmade Flowers

Paperplay - Make Your Own Flowers

Stampin' Sisters In Christ - Quiet Colours

Top Tip Tuesday - Shabby Chic

Craft Us Crazy - Autumn Colours and/or Favourite Embellishments (I've chosen to use my fave torn roses)


Well thanks so much for stopping by and have a fab week ahead ;o)


TTFN and TFL, hugs Tara xxx

26 comments:

Janette said...

Hi Tara, Gorgeous, just love your beautiful card, including the foliage...lol....Hope all goes well for your children tomorrow..xx

craftyb said...

Your card is beautiful! I LOVE the vintage feel to it all; the image is soooo pretty, your roses are gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenges! bx

G Peplow said...

Hi Tara, you really have a beautiful vintage theme going on here, I love this card:0) Good luck with the new job and I hope all the children's transitions go well, Gay xxx

Flutterby Trina said...

Beautiful, i love the 'vintage' feel! The flowers are amazing! Thanks for playing along this week at TTT, and i hope to see you again next week for our big birthday bash! Good Luck x

Georgia said...

Such a gorgeous card Mum - the image is so sweet and I love the stunning torn roses and lovely papers and colours! :) Love, Georgia xxxxxx

tiggertastic said...

this is so amazing, lovely image and i adore the flowers
sarah x

LucyCards said...

śliczna karteczka, tak romantyczna:)

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Tara,
This is gorgeous. I love the vintage image and the beautiful flowers. Amazing work.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Caroline said...

Stunning card Tara!!! I just love everything and I think it's about time I had a go at those gorgeous flowers!!
Luv Caroline x

Michelle B. said...

Such a beautiful, precious card. I love the colors and detail. Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments this week. Michelle B.

DesignerDiva said...

Beautiful card Tara, it really is a card for smeone to treasure, gorgeous colours and fantastic details

Thanks for sharing it with us at MAWTT this week for Pami's challenge and good luck

Hugs Laurie x

Kelly Schelske said...

So very beautiful Tara!

Pami said...

This is a beautiful vintage card Tara, wonderful combination of colours and the flowers really finish it off. Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge over at MAWTT this week, good luck. Pami x

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Tara, what a gorgeous card. I love the vintage image and beautiful papers. Stunning flowers too. Thanks for joining us at charisma cardz challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Sue said...

Hio hun
lovely to see you & your gorgeous creation, a beautiful image, fabulous flowers, yep they grow up so quick, seems like only yesterday mine were at school, they now be 24 n 26! lol, sue,x

debby4000 said...

Oh this absolutely beautiful Tara, wonderful details.
luv
Debby

Bettina L. said...

This was just beautiful.Love the touch with the handmade flowers. Thanks for playing at Top Tip Tuesday and good luck. Hope to see you back tomorrow for the birthday bash;) Bettina

Dragonlady said...

Amazing Tara and love your flowers. Thanks for playing at Aud Sentiments.

Hugs Ali x

annes paperfun said...

Wow!Such a lovely card!
Thank you for joining us at Sketchy Colors this week - good luck!
Hugs Anne

Suzanne B aka brookfies said...

So very beautiful. It's a lovely piece of work. Thank you for joining us at Marianne Design Divas this month and good luck!

Dorthe/Dob said...

Very lovely card with many beautiful details.
Thank you for participating in vintage challenge

Marjorie said...

Hi Hun, your card is stunning, just love the vintage feel, love your flowers. Time does fly too quickly, my grandaughter just started high school, and I still have tears on the first week of school lol!!
Hugs,
Marjorie
xx

Kate said...

Great card, love those torn paper flowers they compliment the vintage look very well. Thanks for joining us at the By The Cute And Girly challenge this month.

** Kate **

Natascha said...

Your card is really lovely. Thank you so much for joining us at Bearly Mine Challenge. Good luck!

Hugs, Natascha

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

Tara, what a gorgeous vintage style card. I love cards like this but struggle with them myself. Thank you for taking part in the Aud Sentiments Challenge this fortnight and I wish you the best of luck in the draw. Best wishes, Kym (Aud Sentiments Design Team Member) xxx

Lesley said...

Gorgeous card! I love the flowers and all the embellishments. Thanks for taking part in the CYDA challenge xx