Saturday 25 April 2009

Basic Grey # 32 - Chris's Sketch























Good morning everyone and welcome to the weekend!

We have a beautiful sketch this week at Basic Grey created by the wonderful Chris. I had great fun working with this one and by the look of the DT cards I think everyone else did too. What a wonderful collection of cards for you to feast your eyes upon.

I chose a sweet Penny Black image for my card which I received in a birthday RAK from the very same Chris. I am continuing to practice with my Copics and was pleased with the shading on the flowerpot, but I know I still have some way to go.

I've used Lime Rickey papers this week. Have you seen them yet? You sure need your sunglasses for this collection, lol! Zingy is a word that springs to mind!!

We're all going to choose the first tropical fish today for Chris's new aquarium (I bought it for his fortieth last weekend). I'm thinking a Dory or Nemo would look cool. When the aquarium is filled with fishies I'll take some piccies and upload them so you can take a peek. Might even have a naming competition, lol!

Materials:
Image - Penny Black
Sentiment - Studio G
Ladybird - Magnolia
Papers - Basic Grey Lime Rickey
Colouring - Copics
Flowers - Prima
Die - Sizzix Leaves
Embellishments - Brads and Raffia Ribbon from my stash
Accents - White Gel Pen for faux stitching

Have a great weekend and thanks so much for stopping by!

TTFN and TFL xxxx

22 comments:

Victoria said...

Lovely card Tara, although you definately need your sunglases for this one! LoL! Enjoy your weekend. I'm off to SU workshop this afternoon!
Hugs, Vicky x

Kim Costello said...

Gorgeous bright card Tara, fab take on Chris's sketch and love your colouring on the bunny, too cute!!! Those leaves look great framing the image too! Have a great weekend and enjoy finding some lovely fish ♥ HuGs Kim x

Donna said...

Sweet little card Tara and such pretty colours and embellies :) Donna x

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous card Tara. Love the image and the beautiful colouring. Hope you have a lovely weekend. Hugs Michele x

Ruth said...

Being a rabbit lover, this card is just my scene....and yet another way to use my favourite leaves! The colours are great and I love your stitching, Ruth x

Jo Nevill said...

How funny that we used such similar colours this week - spooky ! Such a fantastic card, I love the PB image you have used and your colouring is fantastic.

Have a great weekend and see ya tomorra !

You will need to save your pennies for a Nemo or Dory - they were about £80 a piece in our garden centre and they need to live in salt water - one of the most complicated fish to keep apparently ! Perhaps a goldfish will suffice !!!!

I can imagine you all sitting around it staring into the tank - I bet you will have a laugh when you realise what you are doing !!!

Hugs,

Jo x

coldwaters2 said...

Oh this is simply stunning those colours are gorgeous and fruity. Love the image and your colouring is great love it.

Hugs
Lorraine x

The Crafty Blonde said...

Gorgeous card, love the cute image and the papers are just yummy. (just had mine delivered this morning along with the wisteria). Love the stiching around the edges and the punched leaves look fab.
Lyndsey xx

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Beautiful card Tara - you certainly do have a leaf for every occassion! I must have a go at the sketch this week. Brilliant colouring on the image.
Sharon xx

scotspanda said...

ooooohhhhh lush paper!! love it. great image too and well done on the colouring it looks fab

lotsalove

Amanda xxx

Mina said...

gorgeous card Tara...love those papers and will so have to buy them I think...how cute are those little bunnies xxx

Karen said...

Beautiful summery card Tara. Love that image and those papers.

Love Karen xxx

CraftyC said...

Gorgeous card Tara,and the PB stamp is one of my favourites of theres. Think Dory or Nemo would look mega cool, my kids will be so jealous!
Clairex

pickle said...

Gorgeous card Tara really happy and sunny. made me smile.

Can't wait to see the piccies of the fish. My dad kept and bred tropical fish when I was a little girl so they always remind me of him xx
kerry

Martine said...

i love your card tara, i think your colouring is gorgeous :), and i love the gorgeous papers you have used


xx

Martine

Deb said...

fabulous card, the papers are so pretty and the images so cute!
Hope you are enjoying your weekend! Debx

Riet said...

Wowww Tara,what a beautiful card,l love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Heather said...

Fabulous card Tara. Love that image - fabulous colouring o don't know about some way to go - I think you're there already!!
Love your little ladybird wandering across the bottom.
hugs Heather xx

Tara Godfrey said...

What a bloomin' beau-ti-ful card you have made for the BG challenges DT this week hun...I am just lovin' the bright fresh colours in Lime Ricky! Stunning colours as her usual..love the pot fabby job, hun! Great take on the sketch too!! WOW this one is super duper fabulous!
Big hugs,t

Christine said...

Love this card too Tara & the colours are stunning.

Christine xx

Crissy Armstrong said...

I just love the way you bordered the image with the leaves. Gorgeous and creative! Love this image and the whole card!

Paola said...

Very pretty card. I love your idea to use the border leaves how wonderful. It feels so springy and fresh, just what I need.
It's perfect.
So glad to have found your blog.
Take care,
Paola

BC Canada