Monday 31 August 2009

Stamp Something Challenge - Animals......



























Good morning folks!

WOW! Autumn has definitely arrived here in the UK, we have really strong winds and lots of rain clouds lurking! I know I'm a bit strange but I love days like this! I do love the sun but when it's wet and dreary I feel cosy and safe at home. Autumn is my fave season and I love to see the leaves change colour and all the changing plant life. I think it's my fave time for making cards too as the colours are so rich and vibrant. My card has an Autumnal theme that's for sure and I even fetched some leaves in from the garden to add to the effect in my photo. They were very wet and soggy so do you know what I did? I put them in the tumble drier for a few minutes, rofl!! The things we do heh?

I'm entering my card into this weeks Stamp Something Challenge where the theme is Animals and I've used one of Mo's fantastic creations available to buy here at Digital Pencil Too. Do you like my handmade pumpkin? I'm really pleased with how it turned out but I can't take the credit for the initial idea because I saw it here at Scrap Bitz, wowzers what a talented lady Suzanne is, you MUST visit!!! She used Nestie Ovals to create her pumpkin but I don't have the plain ones so I made my own template by drawing an oval in Word and printing it onto some card. The papers are from Basic Grey's Mellow range and the sentiment has been created using one of the See D's Alphabet stamp sets. I've layered and glazed the bat mask on my image which has thankfully come out well on the piccie. Do you know after I made this card, every time I looked at it those little eyes were following me around the room....... SPOOKY!

This card is the second of three that I'm making in response to a design team call for a new range of stamps at The Pixie Cottage and I will be giving you further details tomorrow.

I have a couple of awards to add to this post but I will put them on later as I'm at work and need to crack on.......... catch you later folks and thanks so much for stopping by today ;o)

Hugs Tara xx

18 comments:

debra said...

Love everything about this card and the cat looks funny but amazing
hugs Debra

Diane.W. said...

Hi Tara!!! You made me laugh with the leaves in the tumble dryer!!!
Brilliant creation,loads to look at.
(You will have to read my next post about nxt doors cat,lol!!!) ;O)x

Laura (Faerielore) said...

WOW hun such a great card, i love this time of year too i love going for walks in the woods so i can see all the beautiful colours of the trees and my favourit thing to do ... funghi spotting :) hehehehe you really made me laugh putting the leaves inthe tumble dryer what are you like hahahaha

gina g said...

Fab card Tara love the image. luv gina xx

Kelly Schelske said...

Oh so fabulous Tara!! That pumpkin is wonderful!

Hugs, Kelly

stephanne said...

Awwww, this is just precious!!! I love what you've done with it, and the pumpkin that you've made, really cute!! I just started working with this image as well, it's FINALLY that time of year!! I am right there with you, I LOVE fall!! The weather, the fruits that are in season, the changing of leaves, LOVE IT!! I guess all I'm saying is I'm lovin' your project!!
Take Care,
Stephanne

Georgia said...

This is fantastic Mum! Love that pumpkin and the iced gems and leaves just finish it off perfectly! The colouring of the cat is brilliant and the glossy accents is a lovely touch!
AMAZING CARD!! ;)
Love, Georgia xx
P.S. I can't believe you put the leaves in the tumble drier! Ha ha ha! :)

Kim Dellow said...

Fabulous Tara! I adore this Mo image and I love what you have done with the cute kitty! Kim

Ruth said...

Well done,you!!The pumpkin is super! And the colours are so rich.Ruth x

Riet said...

what a beautiful card Tara.

Hugs Riet.x

Rach said...

oh bless Tara what lenghs do we go to... i have heard it all now.. rofl... thanks for the giggle...
your card is awesome!!! love it to bits.. hugs rachxxx

June Houck said...

Best Halloween card I've seen this year! Brilliant :)

Nikki said...

OMG I love your Halloween Card it's JUST SUPER fun :)
thanks for sharing this
Nikki C

debby4000 said...

Oh this is brilliant and love the pumpkin, finished off with the most perfect puddy cat.
luv
Debby

Tonje said...

Great card! That cat is just fab!

Vicki said...

Blimey Tara was an amazing creation, clever idea of the Oval shapes. I love the Mellow range of papers, so perfect for Autumnal cards. Love the cats mask and those pumpkins are brill, well done luvly on such a fab card. Right I'm off to put a link on my blog to your delish candy. Take care and enjoy your weekend, luv 'n' hugs xx vicki xx

Edra said...

I just found your blog, and I love your cards!!!!! Fall is my fav season, oh for those cool days! I think this is the best halloween card I've ever seen! I'm not much for halloween so it takes a lot to make me take a second look! Great work!

Carole said...

Incredible card Tara, the pumpkin is fabulous and I adore the cat!
Hugs
Carole x