Happy World Cardmaking Day!! Sorry for being AWOL for over a week now but I'm not sure where time has gone.... the days just seem to fly by and I suppose what with holding down a job and running the kiddos here and there, crafting time can sometimes take a backseat!!!
But here is a card I have managed to squeeze in.... I particularly enjoyed creating my flowers from the backing paper and I think this is maybe quite an underused technique. The cool blues and green tie in quite nicely with this fabulous mini Indian Summer we're having here the UK right now (today is supposed to be the hottest day on record for October).... and is one of those days that makes you feel glad to be alive ;o)
Anyway, I used Kay&Co papers, a vintage Lunagirl image and a Flora Doodle bloom on this card.....
plus a pretty paper butterfly and doily and a stunning Tim Holtz sentiment.... the outer border has been faux stitched and all edges have been Distress Inked.
Here are the challenges that fit in with my card today:Colour Create
- Lime, Aqua and White (well nearly, lol)Cupcake Inspirations
- Photo (I mainly went for green and blue but the girl in the image does have a pink bow)Stampin' For The Weekend
- What A Cutie!Simon Says
- Anything GoesSentimental Sundays
- Step Out Of Your Comfort Zone (cut up design paper for the embellishments)Paper Sundaes
- Anything GoesFussy and Fancy Friday
- Try A New Technique (cut up design paper for the embellishments)Fun With Shapes And More
- Shabby/VintageFlutter By Wednesdays
Thank you soooooo much for taking the time to visit my blog today and I hope you have a fantastic weekend ;o)
TTFN and TFL, hugs Tara xxx