Thursday 9 July 2009

Just Magnolia # 12 - Charms





























A very good morning to you!

I'm just in time for this week's Just Magnolia Challenge, where the brief is to use charms on your creations. Now I know you're probably scanning my card in search of a charm and thinking where the heck is it then?! Well I tried something a bit different as I made my charm by stamping a butterfly onto card......... so there we have it, a charm made of cardboard! Not exactly inspired I know but a bit different at least, lol!!

I got to play with my lovely new Lemonade Basic Grey papers again and also embossed and sanded some of Whitewash card (sorry I can't remember who makes this and I'm at work just now so I can't check). The gorgeous Magnolia image is from the Spring range...... still no sign of my Summer kit yet but I'm hoping Mr Postie might just have dropped it off this morning.

Flower are Prima, Brads and Pearls are from my stash and my image has been coloured with Polys. That's me for today then - just off for a tea break now and then I really ought to get some work done!!!

Catch you later and hope you all have a creative day ;o)

TTFN and TFL xxx

21 comments:

cheryl said...

hun this is just adorable image love the layout and how you have colured her in love the distressing of the papers just brill lots love cheryl xxxxxxx

Dena said...

Tara, how cute!!! I love this distress look and the image you used is tooo cute. I see you found your BG papers and they look perfect! Hugs, Dena

Christine said...

Ohh like this Tara great colours & image love it.

Christine xx

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Tara,l love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers and flowers.

Hugs Riet.x

Kim Dellow said...

Oh wonderful tearing Tara and I love the pearls in her hair. Kim

Debbie said...

This is fabulpus Tara, the colours are stunning and I love Tildas pearly headband. Debbie x

Julie said...

Very pretty card Tara, lovely colours and colouring and I do like her pearly hair accessories.

Georgia said...

Hi Mum,
I LOOOOOVE your card! I really like the yellow and the image is sooo nice! I also love how you've put an eyelet in the middle of the butterfly! :)
Love, Georgia xx

Victoria said...

This is beautiful Tara. I love this image and used it myself on a card last week! Love these Lemonade papers, mine arrived this morning and I can't wait to use them! Hope your magnolia kit comes soon, you must be dying to get your hands on yours!
Hugs, Vicky -x-

Kelly Schelske said...

Gorgeous Tara, love the papers and the distressed edges!

Hugs, Kelly

Tab said...

oooh fabulous card hun, just love the image, so sweet! Perhaps there is hope for my kit then still LOL, fingers crossed!
Hugs Tab xxx

Mina said...

wow Tara shes beautiful, gorgeous colouring as always and thos beads are a perfect touch would never have thought of that...thanks for joining in with the Just Magnolia challenge
Mina xxx

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Brilliant card Tara. Stunning use of the pearls in the hair. Lol! I had to laugh about the cardboard charm - wicked! Brilliant paper choice too. Love everything about it. Should be over to visit more often now - things are still mad here but I'm learning to control them a bit better.
Sharon xx

Pia said...

This is beautiful

Carole said...

Beautiful card Tara, what a gorgeous Tilda. I love your charm...you definitely had me looking...haha! Wonderful idea!
Fabulous details.
Hugs
Carole x

Sam said...

Great card, love what you have done here. Managed to get this stamp on Saturday at Newbury. Still waiting for my summer kit too!!
Sam x

Stacey said...

One of my favourite Magnolia images and I love all the distressing of the papers. Lovely ~x~

Bev said...

Such a fabulous card sweetie, the papers and colours are so delish and your layout is gorge! x

Caroline said...

Stunning card Tara! Love these papers the colours are fab. Caroline x

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous card Tara. Love the tilda image and all the distressing also. Yummy papers also. Hugs Michele x

Rach said...

This is so sweeet Tara, the pearls that you have added to her hair are a brilliant addition. hugs rachxx