Thursday 15 October 2009

A 'Get Well' Card for our Lovely Friend Riet......


Good morning everyone!

As you can see by the title of my post, this is a card for our lovely friend Riet who is very poorly at the moment. She is always such a friendly blogger taking time to visit hundreds of blogs every week and her presence in the crafting world is greatly missed at the minute. I'm sure you will all join with me in wishing her a speedy recovery as we send our wishes to her and her family.

I have used one of Ruth's lovely images from A Passion for Stamps - this one is Jenny in Bed and is available now. The papers I've used are all from the Basic Grey Blush range, the flowers are EK Success and Woodware punches and the sentiment is a Tim Holtz ticket.



Today at work we're having a fund raising day for Breast Cancer, as October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. We're all dressed in pink from head to toe and we've baked lots of pink goodies to sell........ I wish you could smell my office just now, it's sugar heaven, lol!

You will see a link on the sidebar of my blog where you can visit the official Breast Cancer site and click to provide a free mammogram....... please spend a couple of minutes doing that today....... thank you sooooooo much ;o)



Finally I would just like to thank my teamie Renata for this award, bless you girlie ;o)

Have a great day folks, I'll be back tomorrow with my card for a new Basic Grey Challenge.
TTFN and TFL, hugs Tara xxx

16 comments:

Julie said...

Gorgeous card Tara, those papers are so pretty.

peggy said...

Stunning card Tara !!!

The papers are adorable.

Have a nice weekend !!

Peggy xx

Di said...

HI Tara
not visited lately but your card is brill and off to visit BC site have a great day!!

hugs Di xx

Anonymous said...

AWW!! This is just adorable and I know that Riet will surely love it as well!! :) Thanks for the reminder to send her hugs in the mail!!

Juls said...

such a gorgeous card, I am sure riet will just love it!

CraftyC said...

This is beautiful Tara, I'm sure Riet will love it!!
Clairex

Ruth said...

This is just so sweet,Riet will love it and I do ,too,Ruth x

Unknown said...

Hey Tara,

So nice to see that you're also thinking about Riet. She lives just maybe 25 km from my home. I never met her, but I also follow her blog and send her cards.

And about the award, you're welcome!

Hugs,
Renata

cheryl said...

oh this is gorgoues hun love those papers she will totally love it love cheryl xxxx

coldwaters2 said...

Its beautiful Tara and knowing Riet she will love it, I posted one to her last week as she is missed so much.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Jo Nevill said...

Awww poor Reit, I thought I hadn't seen her around for a while. Your card is absolutely gorgeous and I am sure she will be thrilled with it and it will make her feel a lot better.

Have a great weekend my sugary, pink crafting buddy !

Hugs,

Jo xxx

Cheryl said...

So beautiful and Riet will love it!!! Do you know where I can get her address,the translator on her blog doesn't seem to be working.
Hugs xx

Pia said...

beautiful card

Risa said...

What a beautiful card Tara! I love everything about it!
hugs
Risa:)

Tammi said...

A sweet and beautiful card for her!

Dragonlady said...

Hi Tara,

This is a beautiful card. I love the flowers and all your distressing.

Hugs Ali x