Friday 16 April 2010

Basic Grey Challenge 18 - A Colour Combo......



Welcome to another Basic Grey Challenge where we have a gorgeous colour combo for you this week. You might think this is quite a difficult combo to work with..... if I'm honest I did at first. But then when I started to look through my Basic Grey papers I realised there were some really yummy prints and shades.



My papers are a real mixture and come from the Two Scoops, Granola and Recess ranges..... just goes to show how much you can mix and match with Basic Grey! As it's my hubby's birthday on Sunday I decided to make a male card and used one of the Ian images from The Greetings Farm. Do you like the lips on the card? I didn't smother my mouth in lipstick..... I had a stamp set with lips in it, lol! I picked up the scrabble tiles from my local craft store which is sadly closing down and created the sentiment to reflect the word I always use when referring to him.

I hope my teamies will give you all the inspiration you need to take part in the challenge this week, as they've pulled out all the stops to give you amazing creations. Here are the links so you can visit them all:

Anthea

Tara G

Heather

Jo

Kim

Have a fab weekend and hope the sun shines brightly on you ;o)

TTFN and TFL, hugs Tara xxx

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous Tara! Those tiles go so perfectly! Love the papers--haven't you got nice lips! hehe. Have a great weekend hun:)

Kerry said...

Great card Tara! Love the cute little idea of the calender which circles the date and month - not seen these before! xx

Juls said...

such a funky card!! Love the kisses!! hugs Juls

Annika said...

I love the scrabble tiles and I WANT that stamp with alips! Gorgeous card, you really aced combining all those papers!
TFS
Hugs
Annika

Kim Costello said...

Hi Tara hun, like I said before fantastic card, (as I was so sure I had left you a comment here) I bet your hubster will LIL ('love it lots')...LOL.
The details are perfect and you did a fabulous card for this colour combo! Hope you had a wonderful weekend, HuGs Kim :)

Laura (Faerielore) said...

Hey hun, snap all the best people are born on the 18th April hehehehehe i hope you got my email thanking you for my stunning birthday card, i absolutely love it and the image are fab thank you xxxx Love this card too darling its perfect you really are so good at making male cards xxxx

Teresa Kline said...

wonderful cards, I luv all the elements....excellent...have a fantastic week!

enjoy *~*