Friday 10 December 2010

Season's Greetings......


Good evening folks...... hope you've had a nice week!

Thought I'd best show up with a card as my poor blog is looking a little neglected! I was supposed to be moving today but we've been put back now until just after the New Year..... I'm quite pleased really because the decos have now gone up and I've finished the Christmas shopping...... so it won't be quite as chaotic as I imagined this festive season, lol!

The card I'm showing today is BIG..... 8x8 size in fact...... and I've made it for my parents. I think sometimes the standard 6x6 card is a little small for close family, do you know what I mean?


I was inspired to make my card when I saw this stunning creation on Julie's blog, WOW! Isn't it gorgeous? And I thought it would be perfect as its so elegant. There's not a hint of design paper here, just some embossing and lots of Sizzix die cuts, along with one of the sweet Tildas from the latest collection and a Flora Doodles bloom. I think I'll be making one or two more of these large cards in a similar design as I'm sure older people will probably appreciate the more CAS layout..... not everyone 'gets' what we do right? LOL!


I'm entering the following challenges:

Just Magnolia - Make A Christmas Card

Cute Card Thursday - Floral Frenzy

Tuesday Throwdown - CAS

Tuesday Taggers - Deck The Halls


Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend ;o)

TTFN and TFL, hugs Tara xxx

10 comments:

Sue said...

Hi ya hun
aww glad you can stay n enjour your Christmas, bit less stressful for you.
Totally gorgeous card as always, awesome colouring, luv the embossed back ground, beautiful flower, have lovely weekend hun, sue,x

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Tara,
I love the embossed background and the image is just gorgeous. I love this card.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Marga said...

A great card Tara.

Hugs Marga

Juls said...

wow!!!!!! Just utterly amazing!!!! Hugs Juls

G Peplow said...

Hi Tara, glad you don't have to move before Christmas, that would've been a big upheaval. Love you gorgeous card and yes the inspiration is fantastic, Julie is very talented too:0) xx

Riet said...

So beautiful card Tara,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous details.

Hugs Riet.x

Annika said...

HUllo, missus, I am so sorry I haven't been to visit so long... hope all's well with you!! That 8x8 card you have created looks not only cute but incredibly impressive and stylish as well!!You sure have a knack for it!!
Glad to hear you won't be spending your Christmas moving and unpacking! :)
Hugs
Annika

Georgia said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Mum, I really love the big flower and sweet Tilda image, I bet Nana and Daddad loved it, it's so pretty! :) Love, Georgia xxxxxxx

Julie said...

Your card is fab Tara, I like the way you've got Tilda leaning over from behind your sentiment. Isn't great how the same layout can inspire so many different yet equally beautiful cards.

Dena said...

Tara, what an adorable way to use her! The swirls are beautiful!
Thanks for joining the Just Magnolia challenge this week!
Hugs, Dena