Thursday 22 September 2011

LIFE Happens....


Good morning everyone...... hope your week is good so far!

I've been having a play with this week's Waltingmouse sketch and also following the Vintage White theme over at The Shabby Tea Room.


And I opted to be brave and produce something without an image as the focal point..... scary for me!! Instead I created a layered flower with one of my trusty old Sizzix dies and then added some Papirloftet Autumn leaves to make it seasonal.


The papers are a mix of Kay&Co and Bo Bunny and the stamped sentiment is 7 Gypsies.... I also used a Martha Stewart punch to create a rustic border and carried on that theme by making a raffia bow..... the lace is from my stash.

I'm also entering the following challenges:

Paper Play - Autumn Leaves

Stamp With Fun - Anything Goes

Crafts and Me - Stripes

Simon Says - Dies To Die For



Corrosive Challenge - Punches and/or Dies


Thanks so much for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your week!

TTFN and TFL, hugs Tara xxx

20 comments:

Renee said...

This is absolutely fabulous!
Everything from the papers to the flower to the raffia bow...
love it!:)
Thanks so much for playing with us at WMSC!

Julie said...

Hiya Tara - this is fabulous! Gorgeous papers and your flower is a stunning focal point!! Juliex

Kirsty said...

Hi wow this is a winner ! The flower and lace is so perfect . I live the colours and design . Really is perfect ! Kitty :D

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Tara,
I love the colours. the raffia and the large flower are gorgeous. Beautiful leaves. This card really works for me. I love it.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Christina said...

That is a stunning card Tara!!
Hugs Kristel

Danielle said...

Oh wow Tara - this is stunning! Love the browns and creams and that flower is gorgeous with the raffia bow behind! Great work!
Hugs, Danielle

Julia Aston said...

This is lovely! what a wonderful flower!

Deb said...

wow, this is stunning Tara!
Have a great day, happy crafting, Debxx

Kelly Schelske said...

This is gorgeous Tara! Love the color palette!

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic card Tara!!! Love the flower and the paper! Just awesome!! Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful card in the Shabby Tea Room this week :-)

Julie said...

Gorgeous card Tara

Cindy said...

Well I love your "unstamped" focal element. The flower is awesome as is the overall design. Thank you for linking it up in the Tea Room this week.

Georgia said...

I really love this card Mum! The flower looks great and I love how you've used the raffia and ribbon! The punched border looks perfect too and I really like the sentiment, wow! :) Love, Georgia xxxxx

debby4000 said...

Oh this is so gorgeous Tara.
luv
debby

Andrea said...

Very great card - wonderful color and flower. Thanks for joining stamp with Fun.
Big hug
Andrea-Emmi41

Becca Fabozzi said...

Your card is absolutely stunning. I love the neutral color palette, and your rose is beautiful. Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp.

Juls said...

this is so fabulous!!! Hugs Juls

Sandra said...

Fabulous card, love the colours. Sandra

Mina said...

wow wow wow Tara this is one stunning piece of work and I always love your handmade flowers they are so beautifully made...thanks for joining in with the Crafts and Me challenge this week
Mina xxx

Mandy said...

Stunning card Tara, I love everything :)
Thanks for joining us at Paper Play & Simon Says Stamp
hugs Mandy xx