Saturday 1 May 2010

Basic Grey Week 19 - Photo Inspiration......


Good morning folks!
It's that time again...... another Basic Grey Challenge and we have a gorgeous picture for you to use as inspiration this week..... isn't it sweet? There's so much to draw from...... colours, shapes, accessories, patterns..... I'm really looking forward to seeing what you come up with!


I was drawn to that fab bunting in the picture and so that became a major feature of my card. Now it isn't very often I struggle to use Basic Grey papers but I have to admit I haven't felt inclined to dip into the Boxer collection very much.... until now that is..... the papers were perfect for my bunting! The background papers are from the Recess collection which just goes to show once again how easy it is to mix and match the ranges.


The sweet image I used is a Peachy Keen stamp and you can get hold of them here. I thought it was the perfect image to tie in with the theme of a child's room and in fact this card is being sent to my friend's little girl who has just gone into hospital to have her tonsils removed..... not nice at the age of 4!!!

Well I do hope you can join in with the challenge this week as Simon Says are very generously sponsoring us once again...... and whatever you're up to over the Bank Holiday weekend, hope you have lots of fun ;o)

TTFN and TFL, hugs Tara xxx

12 comments:

Rach said...

gorgeous Tara, great job with the challenge.xx

Georgia said...

Wow, this is fabulous Mum! I love the cute image and the lettering and the bunting looks stunning in those lovely BG papers! :) Love, Georgia xxxxxx

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Tara this is totally fabulous I love the bunting at the top of the card the papers are great and I just adore that image another beautiful creation

Hugs
Lorraine x

Kerry said...

Hi Tara!

Gorgeous card! Love how you have created your own bunting - such a good idea for decorating a card! The papers are gorgeous!
Love,
Kerry
xx

Beth said...

Aww this is gorgeous! I love the bunting you've made(I'm making some bunting at the moment - not sure it'll fit on a card though!) The little bear is adorable too! Have a great Bank Holiday weekend!

Love Beth xx

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Tara,i love your image and the papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Sue said...

Hi Tara
oh hun this is brill, great take on the challenge, luv the bunting, gorgeous image & papers, sue.x

Julie said...

It's as stunning interpretation, Tara!! Quite adorable!! Juliexx

Juls said...

gorgeous! I love the bunting detail! hugs Juls

Lexxie said...

Oh this is lovely Tara! Clever you for picking out the bunting and making it a feature, it looks really fab.
Enjoy your weekend,
Love Sarita xx

Chris said...

Hi T! Absolutely gorgeous card and your friend's little girl will love it and I hope it cheers her up. Gorgeous image and I love the way you did the bunting, perfection! Hope you're well and enjoying the bank holiday. Love, Chris xx

Heather said...

I'm here at last and I can see the pictures at last - it's so exciting I can tell you!!
Gorgeous card, love the cute one-eyed bear, your bunting is fabulous and great mix of papers.
hugs Heather xx