Wednesday 12 May 2010

First Side Step Card......


Good morning everyone!

Well I finally plucked up the courage to have a go at a side step card after seeing many wonderful examples popping up in blogland. Will I make another? NO! Did I enjoy doing it? Not really, lol! It took far too long, was far too fiddly and I'm not particularly in love with the end result...... oh dear! Never mind, the fact remains that I 'had a go' and that's what counts..... stepped out of the old 6x6 comfort zone which probably doesn't happen often enough!


I chose Basic Grey Origins papers to work with as I think they have the right earthy feel for the theme I had in mind. These two older Magnolia Tildas seemed perfect too for creating a bit of a garden scene, as did this wonderful High Hopes sentiment and bird bath. The fence is a Martha Stewart punch and the grass is a QuicKutz die.

I'm entering the card into the new Magnolia Stamp Lovers Challenge where the brief is to 'Make It Dimensional' and I'm also entering my lovely daughter's Crafty Calender Challenge which has the theme 'The Great Outdoors'.

I haven't forgotten about the tutorial I promised to show you on how I make my own lillies, I'm just working on it behind the scenes at the minute.

Well enjoy your day and let's hope it warms up a bit heh?!

TTFN and TFL, hugs Tara xxx

17 comments:

Riet said...

So beautiful card Tara,i love your images and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Rach said...

a fantastic step card hun, great design.xx

Laura (Faerielore) said...

ThiS is stunning darling, both of these tildas are gorgeous and i love the scene you have created, its perfect xxx

Dena said...

Oh no! don't tell me it wasn't fun to make!!! I was about to try and make one myself. ha ha!
I think the end result is AMAZING though. The "earthy" colors are perfect and so are the stamps you chose. I think someone would be thrilled to bits to get this masterpiece!!!
Hugs, Dena

cheryl said...

wow tara hun this is stunning once again you have totally blown me away just brilliant love hugs cheryl xxxxxxxxx

Gemma said...

Well, I think it's a great card, love the LO and you used great colours, can understand that is was a lot of work! Gemma

Carol said...

Awww Tara, sorry to hear you're not happy with the end result. I think it's absolutely brilliant, a job very well done. Can I send you my addy lol?! Lotsa luv xxx

Sue said...

Hi Tara
wow hun gorgeous step card not tried one of these yet,luv all the detail on it, stunning hun, sue,x

CraftyC said...

You done a fantastic job with this card, though I know what you mean about time consuming. Well worth the effort though. Its gorgeous!
Clairex

Daisy Chain said...

Hi

I'm new to your blog, but I must say, it's gorgeous. Love your cards, I have now become one of your admiring followers. Great card, I'm off for a look at your other work now.

Hugs Debbie x

Chris said...

LOL, I won't bother then :D but I have to say I think it's gorgeous T! Love the garden theme and your beautifully coloured Tilda's and all the texture too, just perfect. Hope you're doing OK, big hugs Chris xxx

Margarets designer cards said...

This is a very very bueatiful card and looks brillant, I dont know why you dont like it, its fab Margaret

Kerry said...

Beautiful card Tara! The papers are gorgeous (I only have a couple of pages left in my origins pad:(() The detail is amazing. Love Kerry xx

Lana Clarke said...

Such a beautiful card!
Hugs
Lana xoxo

Lyn said...

ooh thats gorgeous Tara - I don't think I'll be stretching myself that far though, I don't "do" difficult !
Lyn x

Unknown said...

Great job! Thanks for joining us at Magnolia Stamp Lovers.

Vivi Casale said...

Tara, your card is outstanding!
I have never got the courage to make one as it takes too long for me.. but your ending result is awesome!!

Thanks for playing with us at Magnolia Stamp Lovers!

Hugs

Vivi