Friday 14 May 2010

Basic Grey Week 20 - Punch It.......


Good morning everyone and welcome to another Basic Grey Challenge...... this week we want you to 'punch it'....yep, look out all those wonderful punches you all own and get creative. Oh and don't forget to include something Basic Grey on your project of course! Need inspiration? Then look no further than the blogs of my fellow teamies who've dazzled us with their projects. You can link to them through the challenge blog.

I received my wonderful new Cappella papers this week, delish! They're so delicate and pretty and I think they work perfectly on this vintage style card..... free image courtesy of Magic Moonlight. So my punching consists of the Martha Stewart hearts border and a sweet butterfly punch (not sure of the make on this one). Ooooh and I nearly forgot, the flowers were also punched with the EK Success Retro Daisy!

I think I might add some letters to my card (if I can squeeze them on somewhere, lol) to spell 'MUM' and give it to my Mum for her birthday next week..... I'm sure the traditional feel will go down a treat as she's not really a Tilda lover sadly, lol!

Well I do hope you can enter the challenge this week and look forward to seeing what you come up with..... something tells me we're in for a bumper entry ;o)

Enjoy your weekend and take care!

TTFN and TFL, hugs Tara xxx

17 comments:

Moni said...

WAw stunning card, so love the vintage look. You did fab job. Love the MS heart border punch, and butterfly is awesome, so love butterflies. Fab flowers and charms you have added. Fab all details you added! Fantastic job again. have a fab weekend! Hugs,moni

Caroline said...

WoW!!! Tara this is just gorgeous you have done an amazing job with this one. Caroline x

Joey said...

Hi Tara

this is gorgeous, beautiful flowers, love the vintage style.

Joey.xxx

June Houck said...

Tara, this is a beautiful card! My mother is not a fan of Tilda, but she would adore today's card. So lovely :)

Julie said...

How very clever,such a beautiful vintage looking card! x

gina g said...

Wow Tara this is stunning, beautiful image and your flowers and butterflies are gorgeous. luv gina xx

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely card, and sweet image Margaret

Kerry said...

Love these images you are using Tara - I can't believe they are free!! Beautiful card as always. Love Kerry xx

Riet said...

Ohhhh wowwww Tara,what a BEAUTIFUL card,i love your image and your papers.
So gorgeous details and colours.

ZO MOOI....
Hugs Riet.xx

Heather said...

What can I say................I just love it. Fabulous vintage feel with that beautiful image and all the exquisite details - a work of art and perfect for your Mum.
hugs Heather xx

Lexxie said...

Ooh I 've just had a good old catch up with all your lovely cardage, what a treat!
Your latest card is breath taking Tara, the image is so pretty and all the flowers and smudgy inky edges are fab. It is just a perfect vintage card, and I'm sure your mum would treasure it,
Hope you are well and truly over your horrible infection,
Love Sarita xx

cheryl said...

omg tara hun this is utterly fantastic love hugs cheryl xxxxxxx

Victoria said...

wow this is gorgeous I have just syumbled across your blog but my goodness I will definately be back I adore the soft hues of this card and the layering of the papers with the white border underneath the coloured papers is somethign I will be trying myself. those new cappella papers look delish, very simular to the porcelin pad but in greens and greys rather than green and pink a lovely card which I am sure your Mum will love x

Lisa said...

Hi Tara, Wow this is a beautiful vintage style card! I love the image and the punched borders. I am sure your Mum would love this card.

Hope you are enjoying the weekend.

Lisa x

Tara Godfrey said...

Hey Sweetie...sorry I haven't been by in a while! You know how it is...I actually didn't do any crafting yesterday. No,I finally cleaned my house,lol. Well, I Just adore your vintage card, hun! Such gorgeous layering and details...I just adore it to bits! Every time I look at it I see some new yummy little detail that I didn't notice the first time...definitely a card that keeps giving! You are such an enabler though...after seeing this gorgeous Capella paper on this stunning card of yours, I broke down and placed an order at SSS,lol!
Hope you and the fam are well...say Hi to Georgia for me and give her a hug too!
Big hugs,t

Georgia said...

This is fantastic Mum! I really love what you've done with the flowers and the charms look great! I also love the vellum butterfly and the border punching and papers are lovely! :) Love, Georgia xxxxxx

Jo Nevill said...

Hi ya !

Wow, such a fantastic, vintage card, just love it ! Love the image you have used and those gorgeous, gorgeous papers which I am yet to get my hands on ! Just love all the details and you have a fantastic way with this vintage feel.

Hope you are all OK, fit and well now. Give my love to the family and speak soon.

Hugs,

Jo xxx