Wednesday 27 October 2010

The Beauty Of Winter......


Good morning everyone and happy 'hump' day! Doesn't it come around quickly!!

Well I'm really enjoying making my Christmas cards this year and I have to say I've made a much earlier start than normal! I usually make quite a few Autumn and Halloween cards at this time but have been drawn to Christmas for some reason..... actually I'm sure it's because of the amazing Webster's Pages papers I have. They are just scrumptious and I find myself able to create lovely scenes with them, as I have done on this card.


I must admit when I first saw this Tilda from the latest Magnolia collection I didn't think she seemed that festive..... that is until I realised she was carrying beautiful Winter amaryllis stems! And I suppose she can be used at any time of year really because you could easily make the flowers look like cut tulips too! Anyway, whatever the season she certainly is delish, what a cutie!!

I pimped my Melissa Frances sentiment a bit you know..... oh I do like to pimp things, lol! I picked one rub-on from the Spring set which said 'The Beauty Of Spring' and chopped off the Spring bit..... then I took a rub-on from the Winter set and just used the word 'Winter'..... and voila!

Other than the papers, sentiment and image, the only other thing on my card is some Sizzix branches which I cut out in white and then coloured..... and some Martha Stewart punched mini hydrangea flowers which I thought could pass for Winter blooms too!

I'm entering the following challenges:

Paper Sundaes - A Natural Woman

Let's Ink It Up - Make A Scene

Simon Says Stamp - Punch 'Em (punches and die cuts)

The Crafty Pad - Christmas Theme

Stampavie and More - Christmas

Creative Inspirations - Brown, Sage and Cream


Thank you sooooo much for popping by...... enjoy your day now!

TTFN and TFL, hugs Tara xxx

28 comments:

Fiona said...

wow...this is so pretty, great colouring and fab layout, love those little flowers. Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week.

Fi

Dragonlady said...

Hi Tara

Hope you are well. What a fabulous scene with our friend Tilda, love all the flowers. Thank you for playing at LIIU.

Hugs Ali x

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Tara,
Another gorgeous creation. Tilda is beautiful in that wonderful garden surrounding.
Hugs,
Fiona x

G Peplow said...

Fabulous card, the papers are really inspiring you Tara, Tilda here is a little winner too:0) xx

Riet said...

So wonderful card Tara,I love the image and the colours.
So beautiful papers and the details.

Hugs Riet.x

Agnieszka M said...

Tara, your scene is gorgeous!!! I love it (this is beautiful). Thanks for joining us at Let's Ink It Up this time. Good Luck!
Hugs, Agnieszka

Unknown said...

Sweet gardsen scene and perfect for Tilda, love the flowers. Thanks for playing along at LIIU, good luck. Suzanne x

Claire said...

Beautiful card, really stunning! Thanks for joining us at LIIU and good luck
Claire xx

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Pretty scene! I love the coloring and flowers!!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

-Sarah

Heather said...

Hi Tara, I actually got round to emailing you today - remind me to get some papers at the NEC will you!!
Gorgeous card, fabulous little scene you've created for the lovely Tilda.
Love your branches and flowers.
So glad you joined us at Simon Says Stamp challenge.
hugs Heather xx

Debbie said...

Wow Tara this is just delightful. :) your atention to detail is amazing. :)
Thanks for sharing with us at The Crafty Pad Challenge. :)

xxDebbie The Crafty Pad Stamp Designs

gina g said...

Hi Tara this is a beauty indeed i love the scene you've created and those papers are gorgeous aren't they. luv gina xx

NGCARDS said...

This is lovely, Thanks for playing along with our colour scheme this week at Creative Inspirations Wednesday's Challenge Blog! xxx

Shirl said...

Truly lovely what a very pretty card. Thank you for sharing at Let's Ink It Up.
Hugs Shirley x

Nana said...

Wow, great work. Love the three branches and the flowers. Just so pretty all together
Thank you for playing with "Paper Sudnaes" this week!
hugs Nana

Mina said...

gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous Tara, you have such a perfect knack for embellishments...they always look so fabulous
Mina xxx

debby4000 said...

Oh WOW this is so cute Tara, sweet Tilda and wonderful details.
luv
Debby

Pia said...

wow Tara what a stunning card, love all beautiful details. Wish you a nice weekend
hugs Pia

Tami G said...

so beautiful...

Michele Roos said...

Such a gorgeous card Tara. Love the soft colours and the details also. Hugs Michele x

Valérie Goldenschue said...

oh what a wonderful card !!!!!!!

thanks for joining us at SAM this week

Julie said...

Another great card, love the scene you've created.

Pattie said...

Super cute! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes for our Natural Woman challenge!

Kendra said...

I love the layers on this card! Thanks for sharing with us at Let's Ink It Up!

Michelle Singer said...

Just Beautiful! Thank you so much for entering it in our challenge. I hope to see you again at the next Creative Inspirations Challenge. xxx
Hugz,
Michelle

Benedicte said...

beautiful card, lovely details
thanks for joining LIIU
hugs, Benedicte

Juls said...

wow!!! this is just amazing! Hugs Juls

kaylou said...

wow what a stunning christmas card, thanks for joining us at SAM.
Hugs Kaylou xoxo