Saturday 2 May 2009

Basic Grey # 33 Colour Combo

Evening peeps!

Sorry I am so late posting my card for this week's Basic Grey Challenge. We've been out trying to buy fish again for our new aquarium, but after having the water tested it seems it's still too alkaline.........GRRRRRR! Now we have to wait another week!

Anyway, this week at Basic Grey the brief is to make a card or project using black, grey and one other colour of your choice. There really are some lovely colours to put with black and grey which my team mates have expertly demonstrated, so hop on over and take a peek. You might just see a combo you like. The cards are stunning and all so different too! We also have a guest for May and she has created a beautiful example.























Can you believe I actually chose to make a male card!! It's all Judy's fault, lol, as she sent me a gorgeous Sugar Nellie stamp in with my blog candy and I just couldn't wait to ink the little chap up. So then when I was thinking of colours and papers I thought orange would look cool. I've used some offcuts from the Offbeat and Ambrosia ranges this time. Do you like the little silver discs I added? They're washers from the hubster's shed!! Well, waste not want not, lol!

Materials:
Image - Sugar Nellie
Sentiment - Studio G
Clock Stamp - Debbie Moore
Stitching Stamp - Aud's Designs
Papers - Basic Grey Offbeat and Ambrosia
Colouring - Copics
Embossing - Cuttlebug Stripes
Embellishments - Washers from the hubster's shed
Accents - Distress Inks for edging

I'll be back in the morning with my Colour Create card - I really hope you'll join us this week for Mina's choice...... it's a yummy colour combo!

TTFN and TFL xxx

19 comments:

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Tara,l love the stamp and papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Great card Tara and love your layout and colours, the washers look fab! Big Hugs, Nikki x

amanda stokes said...

Hi Tara!
Love the card...fab layout and colour combo!
hugs amanda xx

Regina Easter said...

wowzer..............awesome card...

coldwaters2 said...

Great card for the challenge and would be well accepted by a young lad. I do like your layout and that image is great I can understand why you wanted to ink it up. Fab idea with the washers


Hugs
Lorraine x

Ruth said...

Great card..the colours work so well together, Ruth

Di said...

Hi Tara this is fab i hate mens cards, Well, i dont hate them i just don't know what to do.This is great love the washers brill idea.

Hugs Di xxxxx

Cass said...

gorgeous colour combo Tara and love the image.I've resisted buying any of them...so far!Love the washers.I thought they were those large grommets...lol.
Cass xxG

Sandra said...

Hi Tara...another gorgeous card,and a male one at that...lol,not very often you can call a male card gorgeous but this one is!,love the image and your choice of third colour,and i've been there done that...raided hubby's shed,it's suprising what you can find...lol,your washers look perfect,
Have a lovely Bank holiday weekend,
Take care
San x

Karen said...

Stunning card Tara. Love the papers, image EVERYTHING !

Love Karen xxx

Heather said...

Fab - sweetie - love the image - it's so cute, pretty mean layout too - perfect for a male card.(Can layouts have a gender?)
Hope you manage to send this card before 'hubster' decides he wants his washers back.
hugs Heather xx

Jo Nevill said...

Have you caught my bug of liking males ? hehehe Super fantastic card hunny bunny. This image is gorgeous isn't it and you have coloured him beautifully. Love the papers you have used, I have just bought this pad myself as I keep falling in love with it. Love the washers too. I bet you will find hubster in the shed looking for them this afternoon !!!!

Speak to ya soon chick,

Hugs,

Jo x

Sparkle and Flourish said...

Glad it is all my fault!! Great card!! Love the image and the washers look amazing. great idea! hugs,
Judy xx

Paola said...

Hi Tara! It's a fantastic card. You created a fabulous card. I love all the masculine touches it's wonderful. Parts of it have a Tim Holtz feel to it. It's perfect!
Well done!
Have a great day,
Take care,
Paola

Bev said...

Oh this is gorgeous hun! Love the adorable image and the fabulous choice of papers. x

June Houck said...

Your Sugar Nellie boy reminds me of the Dick and Jane books we used to read in first grade. Fun layout for the playful image :)

Carole said...

Wonderful card, what a sweet image.
Hugs
Carole x

Tara Godfrey said...

Oh, Tara this is such a darling image and coloured beautifully as always and I just love your card design! Yes, I guess great minds think alike with the orange,lol!
Hope you are keeping well, hun!
Big Big Hugs,t

Chris said...

Well I've had a lovely catch up on your blog Tara and I really love this card too, it's such a sweet image, reminds me of old children's books. Your colouring is wonderful and I love the orange with theh black and grey. Great find in the shed too, perfect for your card. Hugs, Chris xxx