Saturday 23 May 2009

Basic Grey Challenge # 36 - Doodling























Ooooops!!! I thought I'd scheduled this post last night, but seemly not! I'd forget my head if it wasn't screwed on, lol!

Here we are at this week's Basic Grey Challenge which is doodling, something I really love to do. Judging by my fellow teamies' creations they are all closet doodlers at heart too and there really are some fab creations for you to see.

I used a delish image sent to me by the lovely Chris in a birthday parcel recently. I don't own any Alota stamps yet so it was lovely to get some of the images to play with. I coloured and doodled some flower chippies and drew my own leaves to add on. One of my colleagues is off work on long term sick as she has herniated a disc in her back, so I thought I'd send her a card so she knows we haven't forgotten about her!

Materials:
Image - Alota
Sentiment - from stash
Papers - Basic Grey Cupcake
Colouring - Copics
Flowers - Woodware Chippies
Accents - Black Fineliner for doodling

Don't forget the Basic Grey Challenge will be closed next week whilst some alterations take place - there will be a grand relaunch the week after with a new look blog and lots of yummy goodies to win. Don't miss it will you?

Before I go I must just show you this gorgeous award I received from Lisa, isn't it sweet?













I'm passing it on to Sharon for baby Oscar, as he needs all the bear hugs he can get right now!

TTFN and TFL xxx

16 comments:

Lexxie said...

Hi Tara,
Soo sorry it's taken me so long to visit you but what with one thing and another lol...
I have a good old nosey so see what you've been up to while I've been gone..just so many fabby creations!
I adore your latest card..your chippie flowers are gorgeous,
Hope you are well Tara,
Love Sarita xx

Victoria said...

Gorgeous card Tara. Love all your doodling and your chippies flowers! I'm sure your friend at work will be delighted with it!
Hugs, Vicky -x-

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Tara this is so sweet and I love those flowers and your colours are beautiful.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Cass said...

Awww....this is so cute Tara.Beautiful image and love all your doodling.Hope your having a lovely rest of the bank holiday after your ovencleaning.
Cass xxx

Tab said...

oooh gorge card hun, love the flowers and papers! Enjoy your BH, what ever your doing!
Hugs Tab xxx

Tara Godfrey said...

Oh such a sweet card! That image is sooooo cute and your colouring is fabulous! Love your doodling it is just perfect!
Hugs,t

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

ohm.. you used my favorite Altoa baby image :-)
love love love your card.
i was thinking to make a card for helene from alota with this image :-) you are such an inspiration love the big flowers
hugs
claudia

Ila said...

I love this card Tara!! the image, coloring and layout is Totally Fabulous!!...Love those chipboard flowers too....Congrats!! on the well deserved Award!!...Hugs, Ila

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

You have made some gorgeous cards whilst I was 'missing' Tara. I adore the doodling on this one & what a cute image. Thanks so much for the award - I'll pick it up and pass it on later (I'm sure Oscar appreciates the bear hugs - as long as they are gentle! lol).
Thanks Hun.
Sharon xx

cheryl said...

morning this card is beautiful love the image colours everything about it have a lovely weekend hun lots love cheryl x

Chris said...

Fantastic card Tara, the image is so sweet isn't it, glad you like it and I love how you coloured her, so beautiful with those gorgeous papers. Your doodled leaves are brilliant and really set the flowers off. I'm sure this card will make your work friend feel much better, she'll love it. Hugs, Chris xx

Di said...

Hi Tara
This is lovely, love your doodling you really can make cards really quick ! love this image and the big flowers. Love it hun!

Hugs Di xxx

Riet said...

Wowww Tara,what beautiful,l love the stamp and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Paola said...

AWW what sweet card. Your friend is going to love it. The colours are beautiful and the image is coloured perfect. The big bold flowers are the perfect touch.
Very sweet,
Have a great day,
Take care,
Paola

Jo Nevill said...

This is just so cute and gorgeous. I love the image you have used and the flowers. I hope your friend likes it and feels better very soon.

Huggles,

JO x

Heather said...

Fab card - I love that image and your doodling is fantastic - so effective and such gorgeous colours.
hugs Heather xx