Sunday 10 May 2009

Colour Create Fifteen - Green and Blue
























Good morning folks!

YAY, it's Sunday and that means another challenge over at Colour Create! This week's is a gorgeous colour combo of green and blue, plus we have paper piecing as the extra option. Our lovely Heather came up with the colours and theme so I really hope you'll be able to join in and support her this week. I love what the DT come up with each week, but this week really is something else. All I can say is WOW! Hop over and take a peek at all the stunning creations, you'll be glad you did.

I have to say that paper piecing is probably my fave technique in card making so I was in my element creating my card for this week's challenge. I think this sweet Miss Anya image is perfect to show off the patterned papers too, her boots and bag just cry out to be pieced. I used some of my scrummy Kay & Co papers for this one, I love the shades of green and blue. The gorgeous glittered butterfly was sent in a RAK from my lovely pal Tara G and I couldn't believe how perfectly it matched in.



You may notice that might blog has changed quite a bit today. Well I have been pondering for some time about how to make my photos bigger, then yesterday I spotted a post on Debbie's blog explaining how to achieve this. You do have to create a new template before you can make the changes and it does mess up the layouts on your previous posts, but if you're looking to enlarge your projects then it's well worth a little inconvenience. Thanks Debbie for sharing this invaluable information with us, you're a gem!

Right, that's more than enough waffling for one post methinks! I need to finish a card I'm making for one of my teamies who has a birthday this week.........ooooh, I wonder who that could be!!! Then later we're off for a walk in Bluebell Wood, as we had to put it off over the Bank Holiday due to the weather.

Have a fantabulous Sunday and thanks so much for stopping by. If you've left a comment then bless you - it means so much to hear your thoughts and I appreciate you taking the time when we all have such busy schedules.

TTFN and TFL xxx

UPDATE: We've just returned from Bluebell Wood and the camera was playing up a bit, but I did manage to get these piccies.

























The first one is a baby owl we found asleep on a branch. He didn't flinch when the flash went off, but we half expected his mum to swoop down and have a go at us, lol! The second just shows the carpet of bluebells which greets you everywhere when you arrive at the wood - they are beginning to die off now as they sadly don't last very long, so I'm glad we were able to see them today!
























Most amazing was the smell of garlic throughout the wood as the garlic plants are growing. I love the smell but I have to say the kids were holding their noses quite a bit!!! xx

36 comments:

Vicki said...

Hi Tara I wanted to e-mail you but I've lost your addy, sorry.

I can honestly say that this card is stunning in real life. Thank you, thank you so very much for sending it to me along with some gorgeous papers and embellies, you really didn't have to do that Tara, I really appreciate your kindness ((hugs))

Your blog is looking fab, love the background pattern and I too would love to know how to make my pictures larger?????
Enjoy the rest of your weekend and huge thanks again luvly xx vicki xx

Julie said...

A very lovely, pretty card

June Houck said...

Very pretty!

Danielle said...

Love this Tara - Miss Anya looks so chic with her 'camo' bag and boots!! Great papers and details - you rocked the colour challenge!
Hugs, Danielle

Danni said...

Oh My!!! This is drop down gorgeous! Wow!! You did a magnificent job on this!! Wow!

Ruth said...

Hey this is so professional looking! I especially love the hairband. The papers and shades of green and blue are beautiful, Ruth x

The Crafty Blonde said...

Hi Tara, wow this card is just simply stuning I adore everything about it. The papers pieceing looks fabulous.
Lyndsey xx

Victoria said...

Stunning card Tara. ove how you have paper pieced her boots, bag and headband to match! Reminds me of a friend of mine! :-) Fab DP as well!
Hugs, Vicky x

Paola said...

Tara she's stunning. I love love love it. The colours are perfect they work beautifully together and they are perfect for a fresh spring look. The tiny floral/vine ribbon is perfect for this card. When I first saw it I gasped it's that beautiful.
Have a wonderful day,
Take care.
Paola
P.s. I love the new colours on your blog.

Di said...

this is Fab Tara, i love your swirly stitching and i have this paper but its a the bottom of my stash but you have made it look great! vi alos love the flower leafy ribbon you have used, oh and the image goes without saying! Great card Tara.

Hugs Di xxxx

Tab said...

Utterly gorgeous hun, love miss anya too bits, and you sure have made her look super fab gorge hun! Love the doodling around the card, so pretty and those papers are delish!

Fab piccy's of the woods and the cute owl!
Hugs Tab xxx

Tara Godfrey said...

Oh Tara I just love your gorgeous card! Anya looks fab all decked out with pearls on her boots and bag and I love the paper piecing!!! The papers are so pretty and the butterfly is perfect...so glad you could use it!I really love the flowers!! Is that a punch? Who make it?
Loved seeing pics from your hike...the owl is just fantastic so lucky of you to get to see that up close. Love the bluebells too...WOW! So beautiful!
Hugs,t

Donna said...

Gorgeous card Tara and the pics of bluebell wood are beautiful espesh the baby owl :) Donna x

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Your card is fantastic Tara. That flower lace/ribbon is incredibly beautiful. Fab paper choice too. Glad you enjoyed the walk in the wood. Loving the new layout of the blog.
Sharon xx

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Tara,l love the stamp and papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Anonymous said...

Fab piccis Tara we have awood nest to us and the smell of wild garlic is fab and the bluebells, now there is a colour combo for you :D Thank you for sharing your picci. This card is stunning Tara reall ymust make more of an effort to join in your fab challenge. Love your attention to detail.

CraftyC said...

Snap Tara, we were both quick on the uptake LOL. Gotta ask, what size have you resized your piccie to? I done mine at 640 but seems a bit in your face, would love to know. Suppose trial and error for a while. Just love your card, and I agree a fab challenge!
Clairex

Kathy said...

This is just gorgeous Tara!! I love your shades of blue and green and your paper piecing looks fabulous!! (I forgot that bit!) Love your layout and all your details!! My girls love your owl picture ~ just had to call them in to take a peek!! TFS!!
:)Kathy

Enfys said...

Gorgeous card Tara, and your photos are stunning, no wonder you want them bigger. I think with my photography skills, the smaller the better. Your blog looks great.
hugs
En x

Andrea, said...

Oh this is beautiful Tara, such beautiful colours and as always your colouring is perfect. Have a great Monday

Caroline said...

Stunning card Tara! I love the pics of your day out too. And yes I do love my flowers where do you buy yours from? glitterpot was out of stock. Many thanks Caroline x

Sparkle and Flourish said...

Fabby card Tara! Love the paper piercing..yes this was a fun week wasn't it??? I love your new large piccies...been meaning to do this for a while now but afraid it will show up all my imperfections!! Great piccies of the bluebells!
Judy xx

Rach said...

Hiya Tara,
your card is gorgeous, i really like the paper piecing that you have done and the added pearls on her handbag and boots.. that butterfly is gorgeous, and matches perfectly..
thanks for sharing your fabby pictures of your walk.. that owl looks so sweet...
x

debby4000 said...

absolutely stunning card, love the colours and the fab image.
luv
Debby

Simone said...

What a superb card, Tara!!! So gorgeous!
Great pictures you have taken.
Simone

Anonymous said...

Stunning card Tara, Sue x

Chris said...

Wowee, look at that colouring, it's fabulous Tara, I just love the softness of shading and the way you've done her hair, really gorgeous. Love the papers, the piecing of her boots and bag are wonderful and the shabby chic look, it's really beautiful. Glad you got your walk in the bluebell woods, the photographs are superb, amazing that you got so close the owl, incredible! Hugs, Chris xx

Glenda T. said...

I love your color create card and how you made her leggings, purse and headband out of the patterned paper, how clever!

Maya said...

Ohhh my!!
This is gorgeous!!
Love the colours and the pearl details on the purse!
Stunning!!
Hugs from Maya:)

Jo Nevill said...

Oh my goodness ! I didn't realise until now that I didn't comment on your card ! I am so sorry - told you I am being a nut case at the moment !!! Your card is absolutely stunning, your colouring is amazing and those papers are to die for - I adore it all.

Glad you managed to get to see the bluebells, they look gorgeous and even better in real life I expect. Fancy seeing that owl just perched there ! How amazing.

Have a good week and speak to you soon,

Loads of huggles,

Jo x

Annika said...

Amazing card! Love the combination of papers and the doodling finishes it off sooo beautifully!
Your blog looks wonderful, well done! Not sure I'd go for the same change though, it looks like I would have to change the size of the image in html every time I post and I'm tooooo lazy :D
But the new layout DOES show off the pictures very nicely!
Hugs
Annika

Pink Dandelion said...

A totally gorgeous card, Tara. Love how you have paper pieced the boots and handbag. The papers are delicious. I have just come back from the country park near me and all the bluebells have gone sadly and the blossom on my trees only lasted a fortnight. It's such a shame they don't last any longer. Debs xx

gina g said...

Hi Tara Gorgeous card love the Miss Anyas, and your photos are fab too. luv gina xx

seagirl said...

Beautiful card. I love green and blue combination. Cant wait to see next cards. Beata

Heather said...

Fantastic and so pretty. Love your 'stitching' and those papers are 'to die for'!! Gorgeous details and that butterfly is beautiful. Love Anya's bag, boots and hairband and her hair is just amazing.
What a fabulous picture of the baby owl (I just love owls)
hugs Heather xx

stephanne said...

Hi Tara,
This is such a fun blog to check out. I come over from CC, but end up looking at all your work, always a great surprise. Such great ideas and use of products and techniques.

This card is tons of fun. What kind of lace/garland/punch/i don't know?? is that? I love it. Lol, your pix go along with the colour challenge. Beautiful, by the way. I love bluebells. That owl was smiling at ya!!

Stephanne