Tuesday 12 May 2009

Dottie's World Sunday Challenge - Charms....























Good morning!

Hope you are all well and holding on to the sunshine! It's certainly not as warm today in the wind and it looks as though the blossom has now disappeared. Such a shame it only lasts a couple of weeks - one wet and windy spell and it's over. Here I go waffling on about flowers again, lol!

My card is an entry into this week's Dottie's World Sunday Challenge where Juliet has set the brief. She would like us to use charms on our creations. Hmmmmmm, I really love the look of charms and lots of peeps use them so effectively on their projects, but I hardly ever use them!! So this was a good challenge for me as it made me do something different.

I love this gorgeous cowgirl from the Holly & Maddison World Tour downloads - she just looks so cool. As I was putting the elements together for the card I remembered a Sizzlit die I have lurking in my vast collection and decided it would be perfect for this scene. I also tried very hard to pick my papers from something other than the Basic Grey ranges and came up with the background from a Kay & Co collection, although you might notice that a bit of Basic Grey did sneak in from the Wisteria range...... ooops, guess I'm just a BG addict at heart, lol!

Materials:
Image - Holly & Maddison World Tour
Sentiment - Mini Stamp Blocks
Papers - Kay & Co, Basic Grey
Colouring - Polychromos
Die - Sizzlit Cowboy Boot
Flowers - Flora Doodles, Prima
Large Brad - Papermania
Embellishments - String, Spacers and Charm from stash
Accents - Faux Stitching

Right, enough waffling from me as I'm at work and should be shuffling paper!! Catch you later ;o)

TTFN and TFL xxx

23 comments:

Juliet said...

Tara, it's just perfect. I love the rope and cowboy boot - it all fits together so well with Cowgirl Holly. Thank you for taking part again at Dottie's World.
Juliet xx

Di said...

Hi Tara
SSSSHHHH!!! i'm at work too,quick peek at others blogs lol! can't keep away. I love the new look blog, may look into this too me thinks!! Anyhow card is fab i too love these downloads but keep forgetting i have them! The charm looks ace so does your stitching! Fab card.

Hugs Di xxxx

Di said...

P.S. Just had a little play with Fizzy he(she) looked bored !!!!LOL Di xx

Danielle said...

Great card Tara - fantastic use of embellishments! Really fab papers and I love the stitching!
Hugs, Danielle

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous card Tara, love the cute image and all the wonderful details. Hugs Nikki x

Annika said...

Oh wow, love the image and the details are just gorgeous!
Hugs
Annika

Adele said...

Fantastic, loce the little boot and the rope and the image and....LOL

Thank you for playing along at Dottie's again!

love Dingle.xx

Kelly Schelske said...

Absoluely wonderful Tara!! Love the cowboy boot and the charms look awesome!

Hugs, Kelly

Tonje said...

This is such a great card! Love the rope and all the small details on it!

pickle said...

This is an absolute stunner Tara. Love the little boot and star charm. the perfect finishing touch xx kerry xx

Beth said...

This is so cool! I love the boot and the funky image!
Beth xx

Jo Nevill said...

Wow, what an amazing card. Not just a pretty face, are you ? hehehehe Fantastic detail.

Hugs,

Jo x

Ruth said...

This is great, there is so much to look at with all the detail, Ruth x

Tab said...

Oooh fab card hun! Love the image and colours used. I like how you have done the rope, very clever!

The large piccys are so much better, I had already found another way of doing it when Debbie posted her tutorial, typical LOL, both ways are good though.

Hugs Tab xxx

Heather said...

Fab card sweetie....fabulous card...love all your details, especially those charms hanging from the lassoo. Love how you've used those papers - I get them out and put them away again - you might just have inspired me to get them out and actually use them.
Love your new blog look, I'm jaded with mine now but am frightened of loosing some of the watermarks etc if I try and change it.
hugs Heather xx

Cass said...

Fab card Tara.Gorgeous image and love the little rope and cowboy boot.
Cass xxx

Shelly said...

Hi! Great card, your embellies are just perfect. So well thought out. Love the colours too :)

Georgia said...

Fab card Mum, I love it! I also really like the brad, wonder where you got that from?! ;)
The boot and rope are a brilliant idea! :D
Love, Georgia xxxxxxxxxxxxx

CraftyC said...

Brilliant card Tara, just love what you have done!
Clairexx

Paola said...

It's perfect! What a fabulous card. You are very crafty indeed.
Have a great day,
Take care,
Paola

cheryl said...

wow fab card great detail too thanks for dropping by my blog lots love cheryl xxx

Chris said...

Gorgeous card Tara, love the image and cowboy boot die cut looks brilliant with the little charm. The layering looks wonderful and the flowers and stitching are gorgeous. Chris xxx

Louly said...

Oh wow Tara!!! You've left me speechless again! This card is just perfect. Thank you for playing, you've made my day.xxx