Monday 18 May 2009

Just Magnolia # 5 - A Sketch























Good afternoon everyone!

Hope you are all well and have enjoyed your weekend. The rain doesn't seem to have left us just yet does it, so we'll just have to imagine those hot, sunny days a bit longer!

Well thanks to all of you who wished me good luck with my housework yesterday....... you kind lot!!! I did get it all done and the house managed to stay spic and span for all of about half an hour, when the hubster came home from work and my son returned from playing at a friend's house. Bless 'em!! Anyway, I did managed to fit in some crafting time, in fact I managed to make three cards!!! Must be a record for me in one day!

I'm showing you the first one I made which I'm entering into the Just Magnolia Challenge. This week there is a brilliant sketch provided by Naoual, which was great fun to work with. I had a rummage through my stash of image and came up with this delectable Cross Stitch Tilda, she really is a cutie!

Well, as always during the week, I'm at work and shouldn't be blogging, so I'll love ya and leave ya for now!

Materials:
Image - Magnolia
Sentiment - from stash
Papers - Papermania Signature Blueberry Hill
Colouring - Polychromos
Embossing - Cuttlebug Panel
Flowers - Prima Hydrangeas
Embellishments - Leaves, Roses, Floral Beads and Sticky Lace from stash
Accents - Stickles Glitter

TTFN and TFL xxx

18 comments:

Ruth said...

This is very pretty.I love the pastel shades.
Thanks for the info about the stamps.I had been in touch with Janet.
Glad you got the housework done.I've had to take the day off to rest my arm and my OH called in to see how I was at lunchtime and said "No housework,just get your arm better!!(He needs me back at work lol!), Ruth x

Danielle said...

So beautiful Tara! This image works perfectly on this sketch and those papers are just gorgeous! Love the embossed panel and those flowers!
Hugs, Danielle

Di said...

WOW Tara how did you manage 3 cards thats speedy! well done! i love the colour create icecream berry one, love those berries and the lace punches looks just like icecream yum yum my fave! I love your leaves on the magnolia card too, they are all lovely! i am contemplating changing my blog just have to sit and do, it yours looks fab!
Hugs Di xxx

Louby said...

Lovely card, excellent subtle colouring, I always love pink and green together too.

Beth said...

This is beautiful Tara! Gorgeous flowers and little beads!
Beth xx

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Tara this is so beautiful love that Tilda and how you coloured her also love you colours used on the background they are fab. I also want to thank you for your comments on my blog.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Alex (Paper-and-More) said...

wow,
it´s a very pretty card!

hugs
alexandra

Tab said...

Ooooh gorge card hun, love this sweet lady and your take on the sketch is fab! I adore these papers, I can't leave them alone LOL!
Hugs Tab xxx

Tracey said...

A gorgeous card Tara!!

Kelly Schelske said...

Beautiful Tara!! Love the papers and flowers!!

Today is my housework and laundry day!!

Hugs, Kelly

CraftyC said...

A gorgeous card Tara, just love the shade of green, works so well with the rest of the card!
Clairexx

Mina said...

Gorgeous Tilda Tara...I love the colours and those yellow roses are perfect...thanks for joining in with the Just Magnolia challenge xxx

Georgia said...

I absolutely love this Mum! I really like the paper and thegreen goes really well with it! I also really like the embossed panel and the white sticky lace! :)
Love, Georgia xx

cheryl said...

stunning card hun love all the great detail love cheryl xx

Tara Godfrey said...

Oh I love this card and this Tilda...makes me think I should ink her up again! This is soooo pretty, hun! Love it!
Hugs,t

Sue said...

Hi Tara, takes me a while to get around, but eventually I will be following everyone!!Lol
Thank you for your lovely comment! I love this
little Tilda, she made have to go on my wish list, you have coloured her beautifully, Happy Crafting to you Sue xx

Dawn said...

Stunning - love the colors and fantastic layers..

Christine said...

Brill take on the sketch & love this DP colour combo & off course Tilda is gorgeous.

Christine xx