Tuesday 19 May 2009

A 'Just Because' Card.......























Morning peeps!

Here is a card I have made 'just because'. Not for any of the millions of challenges there are out there, but because I can't leave my new Annie stamps alone. Check out Charmed Delectable Stamps for the full range....... I bet something will drop into your basket, hee hee!

I thought I'd go with a 'thank you' theme on this one as you can never have too many of these. I always think it's nice to send a thank you card when someone goes the extra mile for you and handmade is always very well received. I enjoyed using these Basic Grey Marakkesh papers, as they're lovely subtle colours. Couldn't resist paper piecing Annie's dress too, seeing as it's my fave crafting technique just now.

Materials:
Image - Charmed Cards
Sentiment - from stash
Papers - Basic Grey Marrakesh
Colouring - Copics
Embossing - Cuttlebug Dots Panel, Cuttlebug Script Folder
Punch - Woodware Medium and Small Flower
Embellishments - Brads from stash

I'm at work...... again, but looking forward to a day off tomorrow when I'll be crafting with a friend and no doubt nattering and nibbling all day too! We usually do!!

TTFN and TFL xxx

19 comments:

Cass said...

This is gorgeous Tara.Beautiful colours in those papers and such an adorable image.Love the flowers too.Hope you have a fab day crafting tomorrow.
Cass xxx

Danni said...

Very pretty card! I love the depth of the blues, so nice!

Danielle said...

Beautiful Tara - gorgeous colour scheme and her paper pieced dress is perfect!
Hugs, Danielle

Tara Godfrey said...

Oh soooooo super gorgeous, Tara! I love the colours and yum-o paper! The paper piecing is fabulous and I love those flowers!! Stunning!!!
Hugs,t

katy said...

Tis gorgeous Tara :) I have to admit these stamps are tempting ! Love the paper piecing ! Thanks for your message love x

Kelly Schelske said...

Very pretty Tara! Love the different blues and that image is fabulous!

Hugs, Kelly

Paola said...

Ohh I just love the blue colours you choose.
Those flowers are stunning I love them and their shape. The design the background script it's all perfect. Lovely.
Have a great day,
Take care,
Paola

Karen said...

Gorjus, just gorjus. Love the colours.

Love Karen xxx

amanda stokes said...

Hi Tara!Gorgeous card,I love 'just because' card's because there are no rules to follow and you can let your creative side flow without any pressure lol.
Ooooh a crafting day sounds fab... love those i had one with a friend not long ago and can't wait for the next :)...enjoy!
hugs amanda xx

Di said...

Love this Tara, Its lovely i did see these stamps a while ago they look fab! may have a sneak look LOL( dont tell hubby!).Love the colours a paper too.

Hugs Di xxx

Donna said...

I love your 'just because' card Tara, its beautiful :) Donna x

Shelly said...

Hi Tara! Love all the blues, and cute stamp! Keep your fingers crossed for Newcastle, we need all the luck we can get! xx

Lisa said...

Hi Tara, Gorgeous card! I love this image and the gorgeous papers. Hope you enjoy your crafty day tomorrow. x

Tab said...

Oh hun love your card, the colours are gorge and so is the image! Fab papers too. Its nice to make a card for the hell of it!
Hugs Tab xxx

Dawn said...

Hiya Tara

Wow this is gorgeous - love the aqua colours - fantastic colouring too..

Dawn
x

Georgia said...

Ooooh, brilliant card Mum! I love the colours and I really like how the girl is sitting no the card panel!
I really like the layout too! :)
Love, Georgia xxxxxxxx

Diana Mancuso said...

Tara,

This card is stunning! I absolutely love the colours and all the details. Looks like a lot of work. And I'm a huge fan of those stamps, too!

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Diana - Teacher Mom

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous card Tara, love the cute image and all the pretty layers. Hugs Nikki x

Karen Mortensen said...

Oh that is just stunning!! Annie looks beautiful, I love how you have incorporated the image in with the background. It's superb!!
Welcome also to Dottie's World, I look forward to seeing much more of your work xxx