Saturday 9 May 2009

Basic Grey Challenge # 34 - Anthea's Sketch























Good morning everyone and welcome to the weekend!

Here is my card for this week's Basic Grey Challenge, based on a gorgeous sketch by our lovely Anthea. Those of you out there who enjoy working with sketches (and let's face it, who doesn't?) should find this one an absolute dream. All you have to do is use something Basic Grey on your project. I have so many papers now that I wasn't sure where to start. It's always tempting to go with the newest ranges, but something drew me to the Infuse papers as I love the rich colours and beautiful floral design. I love to see which papers my teamies have chosen each week as, amazingly, we seem to choose different ranges most of the time! I hope you can visit the blogs of all the other girlies on the team, as their cards are just amazing!

For those of you who left a comment on my last card, thanks for your opinions regarding the sentiment. I have decided to play it safe (not like me really) and give hubster's aunt the Penny Black card I made at the beginning of the week. I would hate to offend anyone with my warped sense of humour, lol! It's lovely to get your thoughts though and I knew you'd help me make the right decision, so thank you ;o)

Materials:
Image - Magnolia
Sentiment - Kolette Hall
Papers - Basic Grey Infuse
Colouring - Copics
Punch - Woodware Flower
Embossing - Cuttlebug Folder
Embellishments - Felt leaf strip and sticky pearls from stash

Hope you enjoy your weekend - I'll be back tomorrow with a new Colour Create challenge.

TTFN and TFL xxx

14 comments:

Sandra said...

Morning Tara...well what can i say,gorgeous card,love the papers you have used...i so love BG,and like you have a few now,and the hardest decision is which ones to use,we're all the same...lol.
You've done some amazing cards since i visited last,love the card below,the Leanne Ellis one.
Like you i'm struggling to join in on any challenges lately,only seem to mange my DT cards at the minute,i so miss some of the others i used to take part in...time,i wish i had more of it!.
Well enough of my rabbiting on,
Have a lovely weekend,
Take care
San x

Ruth said...

Hi Tara, a beautiful card and I don't know how you get time to make so many with such detail! I love the way you have used the papers, Ruth x

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Tara I love this card it is so colourful and gives you a happy feeling love the embellishments you have used and Tilda looks quite at home among all the lovely colours.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Marcea said...

wow, this is incredible hun, just love all your glorious details. Have a lovely weekend
-x-

Riet said...

Wowwww Tara,what a beautiful card,l love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

CraftyC said...

So swet Tara, love all the scrummy papers!
Clairexx

Donna said...

Beautiful card Tara and the lettering is perfect :) Donna x

Heather said...

This is gorgeous Tara, love the papers and colours you've chosen. Faab Tilda and I've just noticed we both had our little people sat on leaves this week - great minds - eh?
hugs Heather xx

Rach said...

Tara this is a wonderful card sweetie, great papers and details.x

Sandra said...

Gorgeous card Tara. Love the infuse collection and how your Tilda is sitting on the vines.
Hope you are having a great weekend.
Hugs
Sandra x

Stacey said...

Love this gorgeous paper combo. There is so much loveliness to look at, I feel spoilt for choice! ~♥~

Jo Nevill said...

Oooh love the new look darling !

Loving your BG card my friend and those gorgeous papers - I love those ones too, so bright and fresh.

I love the sentiment you have used too - great stamp !

I'll speak to ya later hunny bunny !

Huggles,

JoannA !!!

Christine said...

This is one gorgeous card Tara love the BG papers you used great image love it all.

Hugs Christine xx

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

This is wonderful. Love the papers and the sketch looks like a really good one to work with. Beautifully coloured Tilda too.
Sharon xx