Friday 1 May 2009

Copic Colour Challenge # 11










Evening peeps!

I couldn't wait to join in with this week's Copic Colour Challenge when I saw the lovely colours that had been chosen. I don't think you would obviously think of putting Acid Yellow, Mint Green and Brick Beige together, but they really work! Actually, the hardest task for me was finding some papers to match in, but then I found these from the Basic Grey Offbeat collection and was away!























I hope you like the flower and leaf stamps. I'm always browsing through the rubba on Ebay and recently came across this duo. I didn't realise until they arrived in the post that they are made by Dawn Bibby - a bargain methinks for under a fiver!! Why do I have such a thing for flowers and leaves? I wonder if it's because, in real life, I do love my garden. I have a passion flower and an early clematis to show you very soon. The buds are out and they'll soon be in full bloom. I'm very proud of what we've achieved in the five years since we moved in to this house, as the garden was a total jungle. I just wish I'd taken before and after photos but this never happened. It's still a work in progress as it's huge, but we're not far off now. Chris built a gorgeous gazebo last year but the rain hampered our enjoyment of it a bit. Do you remember how wet last summer was?! Let's hope for a bit more sun this year heh?

Sorry, I totally digressed from the card then, lol! I'll love you and leave you for now, but I will return tomorrow with my Basic Grey DT card.

Materials:
Image - Sarah Kay
Sentiment - The Greetings Farm
Flower and Leaf Stamps - Dawn Bibby
Papers - Basic Grey Offbeat
Colouring - Copics
Embossing - Cuttlebug Birds
Punch - Martha Stewart Lattice Edge Border
Embellishments - White Pearls from my stash

I hope you have a truly wonderful weekend - the weather forcast is looking good. If we manage to get to Bluebell Wood for a walk on Monday I'll definitely take some piccies and pop them on here next week. See, I'm off on a tangent about flowers again, hee hee!

Toodles for now ;o) xx

16 comments:

Caroline said...

Stunning as usual Tara! These colours look great. Caroline x

Tab said...

Oh totally gorge card hun, love the colours too! I'm convinced that BG papers were designed by people that do challenges, cos we always manage to find what we did from them LOL, K&co are a good one too!

I'm with you on the garden thing, I love ours, we have grown lots of veg ourself this year, can't wait till its ready to pick.
Have a great weekend!
Hugs Tab xxx

Danni said...

What a wonderful card!! Love how you colored this!! Great job!

Stressed Stamper said...

Great card - love the colouring in. Thanks for joining in the Copics Colour Challenge

Sarah

Donna said...

Gorgeous card Tara, love the colours and papers you have used :) Donna x

Nikki Fairbairn said...

So beautiful Tara and I love the colour scheme and your colouring, Also love the big flower stamp, Have a great weekend, Big Hugs, Nikki

coldwaters2 said...

Hiya I love this card and the colours really do work well together and the flowers and leaves are perfect.

I also love my garden and since I have been retired can pay much more attention to it. Unfortunately it is only small but it is my little haven. I think we crafter's pick up a lot of inspiration and ideas from our gardens.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Paola said...

Oh Tara I just love how your card turned out. It's so pretty. Those huge flowers stamps worked out really well in this card. I just stunning. I love clemantic and passionflowers. You can talk about flowers all day and I'd never bore.
Here in northern BC where I'm currently living the snow just melted. We are so far behind. So when you say flowers I'm all ears.
Have a great day,
Take care,
Paola

Heather said...

Fab Tara honey, your colouring is fantastic and great choice of papers. (Tab is right BG always have the colour you want somewhere). My 3 colours are sat on the table looking at me - it's the yellow ugh! Still that's what challenges are about - isn't it?
How come your passion flower is in bud - mine doesn't flower until September - and don't say I don't talk to them - I swear at them daily!!!
huggles Heather xx

Dawn Wheeler said...

Wow grgeoues card ,realy stunning ,hugs Dawnxxx

Jessie Lubyk said...

Truly great card. Your coloring is fantastic. TFS

Cass said...

Gorgeous card Tara.I must admit I thought those colours wouldnt work well together but they do.I finished mine tonight but it's too dark to get a pic(if camera behaves).Gorgeous image and you've coloured her beautifully.Gorgeous papers and love the embossed panel and your fabby flower stamps.
Cass xxx

Verda said...

Beautiful card and you did a wonderfully finding the right paper.

Bev said...

Sooo yummy, love the colour combo babe - totally gorge! x

Adele said...

The colours were lovely to work with weren't they, your card looks so fresh and clean. Beautiful.

Thank you for playing along at Copics Colour Challenge.

love Dingle.xx

Chrissy D said...

Absolutely beautiful work! Love it! Thanks for playing in the Copic Colour Challenge!