Thursday 14 May 2009

Friday Sketchers # 51 - Celebrating an Anniversary!
























Hiya folks!

Firstly I'd just like to apologise for not getting around to visiting most of you this week! I don't know where the time has gone really, but I suppose I have been quite busy doing stuff with the kids after school which is when I often sit down for a blog hop. Not complaining too much about that though as I often feel bad about the amount of time I spend on the PC when I could be with the kids, so it was quite a refreshing change. I promise to catch up with you all in the next day or two though and sort myself out.

This card is one I made over the weekend for the Friday Sketcher's Challenge, but I haven't been able to show you until now because it's also for my blogging buddy and teamie Tab, who celebrates her 30th birthday today. Have a great day lovely!! You still have time to enter this week's FS and, as well as the usual prizes, each DT member is offering candy to some of the lucky entrants as well. How fab is that?! It's all to celebrate the anniversary of the FS challenge, which is as popular now as when it started. Way to go girls!!!!

I've used one of my new Annie stamps from Charmed Cards, isn't she gorgeous?! These new stamps are excellent quality, great value and stamp beautifully - well worth a purchase if you feel like treating yourself...... and let's face it who doesn't, lol!
Ooooh, whilst I think on, Charmed Cards are having a mega party next week with oodles of prizes. Check out the info on my sidebar, definitely worth a visit!!

Materials:
Image - Charmed Cards and Crafts
Sentiment - Studio G
Papers - Basic Grey Porcelain
Colouring - Copics
Die - Sizzix Bigz Swirls
Punch - EK Success Medium and Small Retro Flower
Embellishments - Clear Dew Drops from stash
Accents - Distress Inks

Really must dash....... I'm at work again, hee hee!

TTFN and TFL xxxx

22 comments:

Danielle said...

Very cute card Tara - such a sweet image! Great BG papers and I just adore that big flower punch! Need to get me one of these!
Hugs, Danielle

Victoria said...

Sooo cute Tara. Love this annie image, she's adorable!
Hugs, Vicky x

Karen said...

Stunning cards Tara over the last few posts (seem to have missed some). All are gorjus.

Love Karen xxx

Riet said...

Ohhh wowwww Tara,what a beautiful card,l love the image and colours.
So beautiful papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Kelly Schelske said...

Love thsi card Tar!! This image is so sweet!!

Hugs, Kelly

Anonymous said...

Such a gorgeous card Tara...love the flowers and your beautiful colouring.
I just got these new stamps today...hope to ink them up over the weekend!
Thanks for joining us at Friday Sketchers.
Carole :-)

Georgia said...

Brilliant card Mum! Tab will love it - I really like this image and I love the swirly green leafy bits! :D
Love, G xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Alex (Paper-and-More) said...

hi,
your card is so pretty, i love colourind and the details!

hugs
alexandra

Pink Dandelion said...

Love these new stamps Tara they are so cute. Your card is fab, the papers are stunning.
Debs x

Di said...

Oh Tab this is lovely, these stamps are so cute too, love the colouring. I'm the same with blog hopping it takes so long and you want to visit everyone but time flies. Never mind we do are best.

Hugs Di xxx

Di said...

Sooorry Tara called you Tab XXX

cheryl said...

love this card hun its great i do love that image love cheryl xxxxx

Beth said...

Such a sweet card! I love these papers and the flowers look fab (I ordered these great punches at the weekend and have been stalking my postman ever since - not here yet!)

Beth xx

PatR said...

Great Tara, love this image and the papers and flowers, just gorgeous
Pat xx

Bee said...

Wow, what lovely cards! Excellent colouring and combinations of paper elements :)
Do come and visit Bee Crafty for fab digital downloads (there are a couple of freebies if you scroll through my blog and a fortnightly competition too)
www.bee-crafty.blogspot.com

Mina said...

stunning card Tara...so love these new stamps and will defo have to buy some Tara see what you have done now encouraging me to spend lol xxx

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Your colouring is beautiful Tara and I love the highlights, gorgeous flowers, Have a wonderful weekend, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Chris said...

Oh it's beautiful Tara, I bet Tab loved it! Such a sweet stamp and your colouring and design are gorgeous, love those papers and the flowers you made. Nice that you had some time with the kids, def better than being on the PC I agree. Hugs, Chris xxx

Lorraine Robertson said...

What a gorgeous card... I bet Tab loved it.. so full of colour & elements.

Hugs
Lorraine xxx

Tab said...

Ooooh and this one is even more gorge IRL, just adore the image and all the fabby flowers! Thank you so much for sending it to me I will treasure it always!
Hugs Tab xxx

Bev said...

Absolutley darling!! I can't wait to get my hands on these little cuties!! I too have been a bad blooger this week, Ihad to keep off the computer all week to try and catch up with some DT work, and did I catch up? Not on your Nellie!! x

Heather said...

Gorgeous, love the combination of papers and that image is a little cutie and fabulously coloured.
hugs Heather xx