Tuesday 26 May 2009

Charisma Cardz # 20 - Flowers, Lace and Pearls























Good morning peeps!

Sorry I haven't been about much over the Bank Holiday - I've been having some fun time with my family; we managed a barbie on Sunday and then it was my Mum's birthday yesterday.

In fact, with all the activities over the past couple of days I completely forgot that my friend texted me on Friday asking me to make a card for a baby girl. She needed it for today as she's visiting her friend tonight in hospital. Lucky for me I did remember last night at about 7.30pm!! So I frantically set to work creating this card - I hadn't kept the text message but I remembered reading that the baby was being named Olivia and so decided it would be nice to personalise the card. Hmmmmmm, well I thought it was a good idea........ until I got into work this morning and showed the completed card to my friend. She looked a little bit bemused to say the least!!! Then she told me she thought the card was just perfect...... except for one thing...... THE BABY'S NAME IS SOPHIE!!!!!! PMSL!!!! Where on earth did I get Olivia from then, lol?! Too late to make another card now so she'll have to buy one this time I'm afraid. I'll just have to hope that someone I know has a baby girl named Olivia in the future, hee hee!

I thought I might enter my card into the Charisma Cardz challenge this week - at least it gives it a reason to exist, lol! The theme is flowers, lace and pearls - YUM, great brief in my book.

Materials:
Image - Penny Black
Sentiment - die cut from Sizzix Alphabet Strip
Papers - Basic Grey Bittersweet, DCWV Quotes Stack
Colouring - Polychromos
Die - QuicKutz Leaf
Flowers - Prima Hydrangeas
Embellishments - Sticky Lace and Pearls Brads from stash
Accents - Distress Accents, Pink Fineliner

Have a great day and I hope to catch up with you here and there as I sneak some mini blog hops during my working day, hee hee!

TTFN and TFL xxx

32 comments:

Georgia said...

I can't believe it Mum - what are you like?!
How did you come up with Olivia??? Tee hee!
It's such a shame as I LOVE your card! :)
See you later.
Love, Georgia xxxxxxxxxxx
P.S. We've had bacon and egg for lunch - haha!

Danielle said...

This is a fantastic card Tara - I felt devastated for you when I read you got the name wrong, lol!! Ah well, I'm sure an Olivia will come along soon!! Gorgeous image and layout though - a very pretty card!
Hugs, Danielle

June Houck said...

Your card is so pretty! Perhaps they should just change the baby's name. Sophie is a pretty name, but perhaps they could name their next child Sophie ;)

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous card Tara, love the cute image and the papers and detail are beautiful. Hugs Nikki x

amanda stokes said...

Gorgeous card Tara!shame about the name lol.Don't work too hard! ;)
hugs amanda x

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card Tara and such a sweet image. have a good day

Lisa said...

Hi Tara, I bet you felt like crying when she told you lol! I bet she was disappointed too as the card is gorgeous. I love this BG paper. x

Cass said...

LOL Tara.That's the kind of thing I do.Gave me a giggle.Gorgeous card even if the wrong name.Love that little cute image and the papers are scrummy.
Cass xxx

Victoria said...

Hi Tara. You made me laugh wiht this one! Cute card anyway though. I love the name Olivia, so if I decide to have a baby and it's a girl you could send it to me! :-)
Hugs, Vicky -x-

Ila said...

Oh Wow!!...this card is just Super Gorgeous...and Adorable!!...LOL...sounds like something that I would do too!!... Olivia is a such a lovely name...and this card is So Beautiful!!...Hugs, Ila

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Tara,l love the image and colours. So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Ruth said...

The card is gorgeous anyhow,but I'm sure you could "adapt" it....isn't that what we call it when we make a mistake(or is it only me who does that?) Ruth x
PS that sticky lace is beautiful.

Sparkle and Flourish said...

Ha ha..glad I am not the only airhead about!! I love the card..beautiful details and gorgeous image. I'm sure you can peel the letters off carefully and make it useable again..such a shame to have to wait for an Olivia to be born!!
Judy xx

Tara Godfrey said...

Oh Tara such a beautifully sweet card! Love the image! I have to say the more I follow your blog the more I discover how much you and are alike...scary really, lol! That is something I would do too, hun...you crack me up!!!! Well, I hope you do get to use your sweet card!
Hugs,t

Donna said...

Scrummy card Tara, great chioce of papers and colours and such a cute image :) thank you so much for the lovely comment you left on my blog today :) Donna x

Christine said...

Love the card even if the name is wrong, you gave peeps a laugh even your daughter....LOL

Christine xx

Tab said...

Oh gorge card hun, what a shame about the name, never mind, hopefully you will get to use it! Love the papers and image!
Hugs Tab xxx

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

OMG! 'scuse me while I rofl! That's the kind of thing I would do - get the name wrong. The card is so beautiful too. What a shame, eh? I do hope someone you know names their baby Olivia soon - it would be criminal to waste this little beauty.
Sharon xx

cheryl said...

this is great hun love all your detail you put into you cards love cheryl xxxx

Di said...

Ha Ha i laughed it's usually me that does that, my nick name as a child was dizzydan!! (great self esteem building!!) only because i always do things like that i could write a list! LOL
never mind hey the card is great.Maybe you can change the name.

Hugs Di xxx

Chris said...

ROFL, PMSL too, you're such a numpty but in a very nice way, you've really cheered me up tonight, I thought it was only me that did stuff like that, I wish I'd been there to see the look on her face. Cracker but I'm sure there's an Olivia somewhere who will love it! It really is a fabulous card too, such a sweet image and I love all the angled layers, flowers and trim. did you see Tab's fish paper that she made? It might make a very nice fish tank background............. :D, I;m so naughty, but as soon as I saw her gorgeous card I thought of your Chris's tank. Have you got the fish in yet? TTFN big hugs, Chris xx

Sally said...

Darling card. I love that lace. So delicate. Thank you so much for taking part in our challenge this week at Charisma Cardz.

Juliet said...

LOL - the sort of thing I would do Tara - it's an absolutely stunning card though! Sorry about 'encouraging' you to spend spend spend!
Love Juliet xx

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, wonderful cute image stunning details. Hope you got over the shock of using the wrong name, I would be heartbroken to make a such a gorgeous card and have to make another.
luv
Debby

Penni said...

Hi Tara

I love this card, the image is sooo cute!!!

Pity about the name - that's the sort of thing I would do, glad I'm not the only one Ha Ha Ha!!!

Hugs
Penni
X

cats whiskers said...

OMG this is just gorgeous so rich and colourful, love it all
Hugs Jacqui x

Beth said...

Oh no!! Thats so funny - and sounds like something I'd do! It's such a gorgeous card anyway!
Beth xx

Kim Dellow said...

Oh beautiful card. Oops on the name front :) Kim

Enfys said...

Well I think they should change her name.... this is gorgeous, love the distressed edges and design.
hugs
En x

Heather said...

Beautiful card darling - even if it has the wrong name on it (hee-hee). Love that super cute image and your distressing is fabulous.
hugs Heaather xx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card Tara,
Love Sue x

Murielle said...

Very beautiful card, Tara!!!
lovely colours and the marvelous look !
Hugs, Mumur