Thursday 25 June 2009

Colour Create # 20 and a couple of awards........






























Hiya folks!

I'm really sorry I haven't been around for a few days - unfortunately I've had a bad migraine (I'm a regular sufferer) and also a trapped nerve in my neck/shoulder...... in fact the two may have been connected! Anyway I have done very little blog hopping and must apologise for not keeping up with everyone's creations. I am working on it, lol!

My card is for this week's Colour Create challenge, where the combination is Pistachio Green, Aqua and Powder Pink and the optional extra is buttons. Can't you just tell I nearly forgot about the extra bits........ my buttons made an appearance at the very last minute, lol! I think these colours work beautifully together and will use them again for sure!

As you can see, I've used one of the new Pixie Chick downloads on this card...... well two in fact........ the Pixie and the swing. If you've not already done so, I would urge you to buy these fantastic downloads here as you get soooooooo much for your money!! There are two sets and each one contains oodles of Pixies, backgrounds and sentiments. I'm totally besotted by these lovelies - if you would like to see more examples hop to Dottie's World and check out what everyone has been up to!

I've been given two awards by Janny and Vicky - huge hugs to you both and thank you for thinking of me ;o)















I'd like to pass the awards to everyone who visits my blog to leave a comment - you really brighten my day!

I'm off out in the garden now to plant up the last of my Begonias - then hopefully it'll be a spot of lunch in the sun before it disappears....... it's going to rain tomorrow you know!

TTFN and TFL xxx

20 comments:

Di said...

Hiya tara sorry to hear you've not been well this card is lovely i will get the downloads me thinks!! Dont say its going to rain i'm stuck indoors allday today and will be off tmorw! aarrrH!!

Hugs Di xxxx

Sheila said...

Aww Tara sorry you've had a rotten head hunny, I had a corker yesterday too.
Your Pixie is just gorgeous Tara, don't you just love these downloads they are quite simpley the best!!!.
I've just finished mine and I'm now off to blog it..:).
Hugs
Sheila xx

Danielle said...

Such a sweet card Tara - beautiful image and great job on the colour challenge! Hope your head is feeling better - unfortunately I know what migraines are like too so really hope things are better for you!
Hugs, Danielle

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Tara,l love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

gina g said...

wow this is so gorgeous Tara.. beautiful colours and image. luv gina xx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Tara, the colours are fab, hope you feel better soon, Love Sue x

Rach said...

you have created a wonderful card Tara, the sentiment is perfect. hugs rachxx

coldwaters2 said...

Stunning quite stunning that image is beautiful must try and get some. Your colours are lovely there is nothing more I can say it just takes my breathe away.

Hugs
Lorraine x

katy said...

A riot of colour and a gorgeous image Tara...i love it !

You're right i adore the strips...right up my street ;)

Check out my post about the BG papers...be quick, lol

Hugs Katy x

Anonymous said...

Just discovered your lovely blog while blog hopping. I am offering yummy blog candy to celebrate becoming a design team member of The Next Level. Would love for you to flutter on over and join in the fun....Abby:)

Anonymous said...

Amazing card, so pretty and girly. My god daughter would so love this! Fab!
Erin xxx

Andrea, said...

Oh this is so pretty Tara, a beautiful image and gorgeous colours. Have a great weekend

MarkerGeek said...

Fantastic, Tara! I love it. So pretty, fantastic colours.

Sorry you haven't been well. I'm a migraine sufferer too (less now than when I was a teen, but they're still dreadful when they show up). Big hugs to you - hope you're feeling better now. x

Vicki said...

hiya Tara

This is such a beautiful summery card with such gorgeous colours. What a lovely fairy image, the glitter adds a pretty sparkly touch too. All those gorgeous embellies finish your card off a treat. I hope your feeling better luvly. So sorry for not visiting you in such a long time, I've been an awful blogging buddy to everyone of late, hoping to make up for that today though. Have a lovely weekend, sounds like your enjoying your garden too. Take care luvly xx vicki xx

Mina said...

hope your feeling a little better today...love this gorgeous card Tara, stunning bright colours and gorgeous image xxx

Carole said...

Stunning card Tara, beautiful image and fabulous colouring. I've been MIA too just lately..hopefully back on track now.
Hope you feel better soon, have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs
Carole x

Ruth said...

Sorry to hear you have not been well.You can still make a fantastic card!This is beautiful, Ruth x

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

Gorgeous card dear Tara. Love the image you've used and the beautiful colouring also. Have a fantastic weekend dear friend...and thanks for visiting my blog and for all your kind comments Hugs Claudix

CraftyC said...

Love this Tara, a brilliant card.
Clairexx

Lexxie said...

Beautiful card Tara, sorry to hear you have been so poorly, really hope you feel well again soon,
Take it easy Tara,
Love Sarita xx