Wednesday 17 June 2009

Happy Birthday Penny Black!!!























Evening peeps!

I'm making this a fast post tonight as I have some emailing to catch up on and also need to finish writing up tomorrow's Colour Create post.

I'm sure everyone in blogland has seen that Penny Black Challenge are celebrating their first birthday this week and have an amazing set of prizes on offer plus secret candy from everyone on the design team! As the theme is celebration I thought I'd make a card for my friend Sarah's birthday next week. She'll laugh when she sees the card because I borrowed the stamp from her a while back and have now made something with one of the images. In fact it'll probably remind her to start knocking down my door to get the said stamp back, as it's still sitting here in the drawer........ ooooops!

Anyway, I coloured the image with Copics (so quick and easy on this one) and used some citrus papers from Kay & Co. The flowers are Prima and the brads and ribbon are from my stash. As is always the case when I finish a card I felt I needed to add some more to it, so I pulled out a stamp from a 7 Gypsies set I have and stamped the red flowers around the outside........ hmmmmm, less is more definitely went out of the window again on this one, hee hee! BTW, did you know that definitely is supposed to be one of the words most frequently spelt incorrectly in the English language? Hope I got it right!!!!

See you tomorrow then when I'll be back with my Colour Create card.

TTFN and TFL xxx

26 comments:

Caroline said...

ooooohs of this!! The red is gorgeous

There is a lil something on my blog for you :D x x

Mephisto said...

Hi,
thats a wonderful Card!

Thanks for joining in the PBSC-Birthdaychallenge and my Candy.

You can also enter the SimonSaysChallenge *g*
Domi

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Tara,l love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

MarkerGeek said...

LOVE the bright colours. Fabulous! Great card, Tara!

Victoria said...

Wow, what a fab card Tara! Love the red/lime colour combo and the k&co paper is gorgeous! Such a sweet PB image as well!
Hugs, Vicky -x-

Tab said...

Fab colour combo hun, very fruity! Love image and flowers, delish!
Hugs Tab xxx

June Houck said...

Fast works well for you...this is gorgeous! How did you get that red flower to stamp over the layers without leaving a gap? Love this card, Tara :)

Joey said...

Hiya Tara,

fantastic card, Loving the bold colours, this is such a cute pb image, one of the firstones I ever brought.

Joey.xxx

Marcea said...

This is too adorable. What a fabulous card full of gorgeous details. Thanks for joining in this week and good luck with my candy
-x-

Caroline said...

Stunning Card! And stunning colours love the image. Caroline x

cheryl said...

stunning card such beautiful colours too lots love cheryl xxxxx

Kim Dellow said...

Wonderful card Tara absolutly adore the colours. Kim

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, what wonderful colours and flowers and brilliant PB image.
luv
Debby

Anonymous said...

wow Tara, loving the red and lime green together. so striking. brilliant card. hugs rachxx

tracie said...

Oh wow fabulous card Tara, love this fun image and all the gorgeous details. Thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC.. and your lovely comments. Good luck with my PB candy
hugs
Tracie :)x

Mina said...

wow Tara what a stunner, I love those colours so much and very effective to stamp over both layers...perfect xxx

pickle said...

Oh Tara this is a stunner of a card hun. Love everything about it especially the colour combo. It's so striking xx

Faye said...

Love your darling Colour Create card.

Cass said...

Gorgeous card Tara.Love the striking colours you've used.Very zingy.Cute little image too.Your friend will love it.
Cass xxx

Laura (Faerielore) said...

Great card i love the bright bold colours, the papers are delish as always and what a fun image :) love all the flower stamps over the papers, look brilliant.

i also wanted to say a huge THANK YOU for the gorgeous package you sent me, i only just found it !!!! bad postie put it in my bin store and didnt put a note through the door so i didnt know it was in there till i just went in there about an hour ago !!! you are too good to me darling and naughty i was just expecting some die cut orchids !!!! and found loads of goodies :) there all beautiful but i love the card most of all its stunning darling and is pride of place on my fire place now :) thank you again hun i really appreciate it xxxx

Kathy said...

Love your color combo Tara!! Such a fun and pretty card!! Your extra stamped images are fabulous as well!!
:)Kathy

Andrea, said...

Wow this is fabulous Tara, the colours are gorgeous. Have a fabby weekend

Georgia said...

Hi Mum,
Brilliant card! I love the red and green together, it looks really striking! I also really like the swirly green flowers! :)
Love, Georgia xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sue said...

What a great card, love how you've stamped the red flowers.

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

fantastic cards, dear Tara. Wonderful colour scheme and you've coloured the images beautifully

love
claudia

Diana Mancuso said...

Tara, this card is gorgeous! I adore the paper and the colours, and the image is adorable! I love it! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I really appreciate it!