Sunday 7 June 2009

Dottie's World Sunday Challenge - Make it Holey!

























Good morning peeps!

Sorry for being so late posting my card for this week's Dottie's World Challenge. Double sorry if you're reading this boss, lol! I woke up with a bad headache this morning and so took some pills and went back to bed for a snooze - it wasn't alcohol inflicted I have to say. You know when you sleep very deeply and then wake up with a muzzy head, well I think that was it but thankfully it's wearing off a bit now ;o)

Onto the card and the challenge....... this week's task was set by the lovely Juliet who asked us to 'make it holey' - quite apt for a Sunday challenge I think...... do you get it? Sorry!!! It was a fun challenge which certainly got the old grey matter working, so thanks for that Juliet (and I hope you feel better really soon hun). Once I'd checked that any shape of hole was allowed, I had a browse through my wonderful Holly and Maddison downloads and when I saw Holly in the USA (one of my faves) the idea for some saloon doors was born. I cut them out by hand so I apologise if they look a bit amature, but overall I am quite pleased with the way the card turned out.


























I hope you get chance to hop over and have a look at the amazing creations my fellow teamies have come up with and even better play along! There are so many ways to create your holes, even cheeseholing which was a new one on me, lol!

I hope you have a wonderful day and get lots of crafting done whilst the weather is so miserable.

Can I just thank everyone who has left me a comment recently - you have been so kind and I really appreciate what you have to say ;o)

Toodles for now, Tara xxx

25 comments:

Katy said...

What a clever card Tara!! :)

xx

Danielle said...

This is fantastic Tara - I love it! Those saloon doors are so cleverly done and I really love the twine for the flower centers - so very creative!
Hugs, Danielle

coldwaters2 said...

Oh this is great what an inspirational card I love it.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Tab said...

Hey sweetie, such a clever idea! Fab colours and love the flowers! Hope you feel better soon!
Hugs Tab xxx

Beth said...

The doors look so fab - not amature at all! The gingham looks great too and perfect for the image!
Beth xx

Victoria said...

This card is fab Tara! Great idea with the saloon doors!
Hugs, Vicky -x-

Mrs Mac said...

That is sooo clever!

Heather said...

Fabulous - love your stable doors - those hinges don't look the slightest bit amateur to me. That twine is fantastic - just hope your flowers don't all fall down.
You've just reminded me with this card I have Holly & Maddison and Mikey too in my computer and I forget all about them.
hugs Heather xx

Georgia said...

Hi Mum,
I LOOOOVE your card! It was such a great idea to put a hole in the card! :)
I love the flowers and the colouring too! :)
Love, Georgia xx

Riet said...

Wowww Tara,what a beautiful card,l love the image and colours.

ZO MOOI....
Hugs Riet.xx

Cass said...

Fantastic card Tara.Love the saloon doors,what a fabby idea.Gorgeous image and love the sentiment.

My muscles have recovered,was at Body Combat this morning....more Pump tomorrow...lol

Cass xxx

Danni said...

What a clever, clever card! Wonderful job!

kelly ledder said...

Am devastated about this card had this idea for my dad/s birthday but wasnt sure how to develop it into the card!! Now I have a bit more inspiration thanks!

Tara Godfrey said...

Oh Tara this is awesome!!! I don't know what you are talking about sweetie...looks professionally done to me! Fabulous card!!!! Love the swinging doors and love Holly!!!!
Sorry to hear about you head! Mine was bad today too....all the rain and low barometric pressure is to fault for me!!!! Very thankful for my Zomig that is for sure!!! Well I hope you are feeling better real soon!
Big Hugs,t

June Houck said...

This is so stinkin' cute, adorable, and creative. Love it :)

Denise said...

Wow, this is one awesome card!

Stacey said...

Wow! Just brilliant! Love those little saloon doors, perfect for this image and just too clever for words! ~♥~

Dena said...

Tara hey I did not get an email from you this weekend. Weird. It is tdconcien@sbcglobal.net if you want to try again. And dang!!! this is one cutie card. Love that opening like that. So adorable! Hugs, Dena

Janiel/ janny said...

WOW!! What detail!! You are a great inspiration!
have a great day, janny

Georgia said...

Hi Mum
Me again - there's smoething for you on my blog!
Love, Georgia xxxxxxx

Chris said...

Fantastic card Tara and such a great idea for making it Holey (that did make me laugh)! The saloon doors are perfect for your gorgeous image and so is the gingham. Love the flowers and design too. Hugs, Chris xx

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

whooo how cute is that???
love it

Sparkle and Flourish said...

Hey this is fantastic. Such a great idea! Love the saloon doors. How very creative!!
Big hugs Judy xx

Jo Nevill said...

Oh wow Tara, this is just so clever ! I love the doors you have made with the fabby hinges and just look at those flowers - what a clever idea - would never have thought of that one ! I love it all, very inspiring.

Sorry to hear about your headache and I hope you managed to get rid of it to enjoy the rest of the day.

Take care and speak to you soon,

Hugs,

Jo x

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

what a fab idea, I love it. janex