Sunday 21 June 2009

Dottie's World Sunday Challenge - It's Christmas!!!!!
























Good morning my lovely friends!

Yes we have a Christmas Challenge over at Dottie's this week - hey but after the weather we've been greeted with this week I actually felt quite at home making this card. It's funny really - you spend all of November and December frantically trying to get all of your Christmas cards done in time - then by the time you reach the New Year you breathe a huge sigh of relief at being able to move on to something different..... well I do anyway! So sitting here in June creating something with a wintery theme was actually very refreshing after having such a long break from anything seasonal.

I knew I was going to use the gorgeous Madison in the Mountains for this week's card as she looks so snug in her Winter clothes. She's the kind of gal I would love to be....... you know, looks good in absolutely anything. Me? I put on a woolly hat in the Winter and look like I've been sent out in it for a bet, lol!

I used Basic Grey Granola papers, debossed the cream panel with a Cuttlebug Snowflake folder and then dirtied it with Distress Ink. I used Woodware Chippies to create the idea of snowdrifts and then punched out varying sized snowflakes. There are a couple of Prima flowers added and Madison is coloured with Copics. The final touch was to glitter her boot fur with Stickles.

Hope you like the card and I would love it if you could hop over to check out the challenge....... the girlies have all done such a great job at creating something special and there are lots of cards featuring Dottie which are sure to make you smile...... they did me!!
Not long now until the Pixie download release you know....... I'm so excited I could crush a grape, lol! Bet you haven't heard that one in a long time have you? Oh I know - I'm so eighties!!!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend then ;o) We were supposed to be going to Wales today but there's been a change of plan - it's a long story so I'll save it for another day, but let's just say it involves my hubster blowing up one of his most expensive work tools last night and then a stray cat coming into our house and urinating it's scent in our lounge and bedroom ;o( Rapid trip to a pet store is the order of the day today for something to get rid of the most rancid smell you can ever begin to imagine! It's a good job I have a good sense of humour or else I might just scream, lol!

Toodles for now then and thanks so much for stopping by ;o)

xxxxx

18 comments:

Gunn (Merete) said...

This card is so beautiful put together and Maddison is perfect with her outfit on a christmas card.
I really like how you did this challenge, and love your card.

Joey said...

Hi Tara

This is stunning! adore the layers and gorgeous image.

Joey.x

Sheila said...

Great card tara... Madison looks fab all snug a bug rug in her winter warmers.
I can't wait for the Pixies either, I could crush that grape along with you hun...lol.
Sheila xx

Cass said...

Fantastic card Tara.Lots of lovely textures and gorgeous image.
Men and their tools....lol
Cass xxx

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Tara,l love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Tab said...

Ooooh love your card, hun! Fab image and the colours are divine!
Hugs Tab xxx

Georgia said...

Hi Mum,
I love your card! I really like the layout - you come up with such imaginative layouts! I love the snowy swirls and the way you've coloured Madison! :)
Love, Georgia xx

cheryl said...

love this card hun great layout too the snowy swirls are just great hope you manged to sort that cat out love cherylxxxxxxx

Kelly Schelske said...

My gosh, this is just fabulous Tara!! love the embossed snowflakes and the colors are great!

Hugs, Kelly

Adele said...

Love the layering and the textures...just gorgeous!

Dingle.x

sandra_w said...

Waow!! Fantastic card, Tara!

San x

Victoria said...

Fab card Tara. Love the sentiment! Hope you got the smell sorted!! :-)
Hugs, Vicky -x-

Tara Godfrey said...

So wintry and fun! I love it the chipboard swirls are brilliant...just love the great design! Madison looks great...beautiful colouring as always!
Sorry to hear about your plans being changed hun, what an odd cat this is...sorry you're stuck with the clean up! I guess you can't very well make hubby do it after his dilemma now can ya!
Well hope you get it sorted out quickly!
Big Hugs,t

Karen Mortensen said...

What a fun Christmas card, it really puts in mind cosy wintery walks in the snow. I love it! xx

Laura (Faerielore) said...

FAB card Madison looks so cool in her winter gear. Sounds like youve been having a very eventful time, cat wee is never good ewwwwww

MarkerGeek said...

This is fabulous, Tara! Love it! Oh dear on the unfortunate events.

For the smell - distilled white vinegar and bicarbonate of soda are excellent.

Dena said...

"I could crush a grape"? ha ha ha ha Love it and have never heard it! I love hearing these sayings from other countries. Too cute.
Anyhow, adorable card. Your details are just amazing. I looked through what you did while I was gone and wow! you have made some terrific stuff. I am just loving that Dad's tie card. So fun and the gorgeous pink Hanglar card with BG papers. Wowzers! Have a great day! Hugs, Dena

Jo Nevill said...

Your card is absolutely gorgeous Tara, I love Madison, she is adorable.

I am so, so sorry to hear of your terrible weekend. How awful for you. I bet hubster is fuming too. I hope you get rid of the smell, especially when it isn't yours !!

Take care and speak to you soon hunny bunny.

Hugs,

Jo x