Monday 8 June 2009

One Stop Craft Challenge # 32 - Under Pressure























Evening everyone!

Hope you are all well and have had a nice Monday. I had that Monday morning feeling today when I got to work, but we ended up having a great day as we kept having fits of the giggles! Don't ask me why - it was just one of those crazy days. I am 39 going on 13 so it doesn't take much for me to have a laugh!

Anyway, here I am with another card. I actually made this one last week but forgot to post it on here. I had a play with my yummy papers from the new Lawrence Llewellyn Bowen range (LLB) - they're lovely to work with and very dramatic too! The black and white paper around the outside was part of the lovely candy I won from my buddy Judy. Loads of lovely papers to choose from and I love the monotones as they tie in so well with other colours.

I'm entering my card into this week's One Stop Craft Challenge where the brief is to emboss. My Sizzix die cut flower has been embossed and distressed, so I'm guessing that will count. I love this Gorjuss image and would like to thank my gorgeous friend Jo for sending it to me, cheers hun ;o)

Before I go I must just warn you about something........... Basic Grey are about to release two new collections; Lemonade and June Bug....... and you can see them here, YUM! SORRY!!!!! ;o)

TTFN and TFL xxx

24 comments:

Di said...

This is so colourful Tara and fabulously different. Love the colours and of course the image FAB!!!

Hugs Di xxx

Lynsey said...

Hi Tara your card is fantastic! I love the bright colours!
Hugs Lynsey:)

amanda stokes said...

OMG!!!Tara this is just GORGEOUS!!!I was'nt keen on these paper's but you've just converted me lol.
hugs amanda xx

Cass said...

Fantastic card Tara.Those papers are fabby together.I adore the image too and love how you've put the flowers in her hair.Gorgeous embossed flower too.

Cass xxx

Katy said...

Gorgeous card Tara, love the colours

xx

Helen said...

Aarrgghh...I knew I shouldn't have clicked that link...now I want even MORE new papers! lol

Gorgeous card - love the colours - I wish I was brave enough to combine like that!
Helen x

cats whiskers said...

Stunning sweetie, what gorgeous fun colours you have used totally gorjuss
Hugs Jacqui x

Sandra said...

Hi Tara..."GORJUSS" card,love the vibrant colours,i've been looking at the LLB range...there's some lovely stuff!may have to treat myself.
Pleased to hear you've had a good day...it's nice to have a giggly day now and then :0),
Take care...hope tomorrow's just as good!,
San x

June Houck said...

You are on a roll with these fabulous creations! I love your gorjuss girl with the black and pink.

I ordered my Lemonade and June Bug last week; I hope it arrives soon :)

Danni said...

Another wonderful card!! Awesome!

Victoria said...

Gorgeous card Tara. Love the LLB papers, the colours and patterns are so striking! Cute GG as well, still love these! Thanks or the BG info. I adore the lemonade pack, YUMMY!! Can't wait to get my hands on this!!
Hugs, Vicky -x-

cheryl said...

wow another great make hun so much detail its beautiful lots love cheryl xxxxxxx

Laura (Faerielore) said...

Tara I LOVE this card !!! the colours are so striking, such an eye catcher. and you naughty girl showing us more lovely papers, you are a bad influence !!!!

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

Totally awesome card.
the colors are fabulous and the way you have colored her hair is just fabulous

katy said...

A really striking card Tara, great bold papers...eye catching :) Sooooooooo you've ordered some Cherry Hill papers, lol, sure you'll love them Tara..they're gorgeous ! Thanks for all your lovely comments :) xx

Sparkle and Flourish said...

Great card..so striking and very funky. Love the flowers in Miss Gorjuss' hair...and I love the bold floourishes. can't wait for the new BG ranges. Better get using my old stuff to make room!
Judy xx

Anonymous said...

wow Tara these colours are so striking, they work brilliantly with the gorjuss girl.. thanks for the link to the new bg releases.. i am never going to have any monies... rofl.. hugs rachxx

Jo Nevill said...

You ? All silly and giggly ? I don't believe you !!! Sounds like you had a fun day at work which helps wonders.

What a fantastic, bright and colourful card with fantastic flowers and brilliantly coloured Gorjuss girl.

Huggles,

Jo x

Kelly Schelske said...

Gorgeous Tara love the black and the bright colors, awesome!

Beth said...

This is so gorgeous! I'm loving her headgear and the funky bright papers! I think I really actually need the new Lemonade papers!!
Beth xx

Georgia said...

Hi Mum,
Fantastic card! I LOVE the bright colours you've used and I also really like the Gorjuss image and the black swirly bits.
I love it! :)
Love, Georgia xx

Pia said...

wow what a great card

Maggie Bob said...

Hey Tara, thanks for taking part in One Stop Craft Challenge this week. Your card is stunning. I particularly love your embossed flowers.

xx

Heather said...

Love how you do bright colours (a real talent) - and I just adore Gorjuss's hair band and that scrummy flower.
hugs Heather xx