Tuesday 16 June 2009

High Hopes meets Stamp With Fun......























Morning peeps!

I hope I am safe to post this card now, as I sent it to a friend with a few goodies yesterday to cheer her up!

I'm so pleased that I can finally join in with the High Hopes Challenges, having received my delivery of stamps from the latest collection this weekend. I believe this one is called 'Sweet Dreams' and it's my fave by far........ talk about chillaxing, lol! The theme this week at HH is circles and I've also entered this card in to the Stamp With Fun Challenge where the brief is polka dots.

I sat making my card on Sunday night whilst the hubster was watching cricket. I coloured the image with my Polys and I must admit it did take me an age to get things just how I wanted because I'm a bit slow when it comes to blending. Every now and then he would huff a bit and then he said 'blimey I can't believe how long you're spending colouring in one tiny picture..... are you sure it's really worth it?' I didn't rise to the bait and just smiled....... they just don't have a clue, do they, lol!

I used papers from the Basic Grey Porcelain range and the flowers are a mix of Primas and Flora Doodles. The leaves have been die cut using a QuicKutz die and I've added some sticky lace strips made by Around The Block. The ticket sentiment was sent to me with some birthday goodies a while back by the lovely Martine.

Well I had fun with this one and I hope you like it too!

Toodles for now - thanks so much for stopping by for a peek and, if you've left me a comment, then you're a gem!

TTFN and TFL xxxx

25 comments:

MarkerGeek said...

Totally worth it! Looks fab. :) Love this image and the flowers look yummy!

June Houck said...

OMgoodness! This is such a precious card. I've never been a fan of High Hopes...until NOW! He is a cutie pie of an image. I agree with Elaine; this is fab :)

Joey said...

Hi Tara, this is beautiful, so many gorgeous details, the papers and your colouring are so pretty. Joey.x

Anonymous said...

gorgeous Tara, i am sure you friend loved it. hugs rachxx

coldwaters2 said...

Aw this is ace what a fab image love your design of the card.

Hugs
Lorraine x

cheryl said...

oh this is great love that image love cheryl xxxxx

Caroline said...

Stunning Tara! Love that sweet image. Caroline x

Di said...

Oh this is sooo cute it made me smile, i love images that do that!! Your colouring is just perfect, and no hubbys dont have a clue mines always moaning he is a blogger widow now! i wish hed get into footy so i could craft when hes watching that! i know when the F1 is on i have a few hours to myself LOL!!!
I love the leaves you have, hope your friend loved the card, it should really have cheered her up!
hUGS dI XXX

Sheila said...

Ohh Tara this image is so flipping cute, your colouring is fabulous hun...Men!!! what do they know..:).
Love that paper lace too it's yummy.
Hugs
Sheila xx

Kelly Schelske said...

So cute Tara!! I just got my HH order as well...need to mount them up and ink away!
hugs, Kelly

Mina said...

lol Tara you should have switched the cricket off and told him he had been watching it long eneough lol...I love this cutie of an image and it was well worth all the colouring as its perfect...stunning card xxx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Tara, the image is so cute, Sue x

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Tara,l love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Anonymous said...

a great card !! wonderful designed !! thanks for joining in our challenge.
big hugs tina46
swf-team

Sandra said...

Gorgeous card Tara...how cute is that HH image and coloured beautifully...may have taken a while to blend but well worth it!...they don't know anything..men...lol,thanks for joining us this week at SWF,
Take care
San x

Ruth said...

Well it definitely was worth it!! It's beautiful and the image is so cute! Ruth x

Tab said...

Fab card hun, love the colours and all the embellies you have used!
Hugs Tab xxx

Julie said...

What a cute image, a lovely card Tara and well worth the time you spent on it.

Karen said...

No, they don't get it and YES, it is worth it! :> Love the layers and looking through your blog, just love how you use so many happy colors! :>

strawberry fields said...

such a fun card :)
fiona x

Laura (Faerielore) said...

Tara this card is gorgeous, these new high hope images are so lovely. Love your layout its amazin xxx

katy said...

It is utterly gorgeous Tara, thank you so much...it certainly did cheer me up :) You're so thoughtful and a treasured friend x

Kathy said...

This is just gorgeous Tara!! All your details are fabulous and I am loving this color combo!! Well your time was worth it ~ the coloring is fabulous!! Such a cute image!! Have a great week-end :)Kathy

Sue said...

Doesn't he look chilled out. He's brill. It was worth spending the time on the colouring, you're right about men, they really don't have a clue!

Lynn said...

I just love your card and your coloring looks fantastic! I'll just bet your friend loved this! I really like this image as well - very cute.