Sunday 28 June 2009

Dottie's World Sunday Challenge - Sunshine































Good afternoon peeps!

Hope you're having a fabby Sunday and this week's challenge over at Dottie's World could not be more aptly themed......... 'SUNSHINE'. We're certainly having plenty of that just now aren't we!!!

Here is the brief in more detail.........

"Summer is finally upon us so I want you to use some sunshine in your card/creation, it could be an actual sunshine image, a card shaped like a sunshine or even the use of the word sun/sunshine somewhere on your creation. Don't forget to put your Charmed download in there somewhere too!"

I thought I'd put an oriental slant on my card this week and so used Madison in China - she's so beautiful! I also used my new Basic Grey Blush papers which tie in nicely with the theme. I have so many pads of Basic Grey now but for some reason I had missed this one and boy is it gorgeous! I must just give a big shout to Lyn at The Craft Emporium here - she has an amazing range of Basic Grey and her service is second to none! I ordered the two latest pads, June Bug and Lemonade, on Friday morning and they arrived at 8.30am the next day....... very impressive!

I hope you'll get the chance to play along with Dottie's World this week - hop over now for a peek at the gorgeous DT cards. The girls have done such a brilliant job again and have also been uploading sample cards made with the new Pixie Collection this week....... not to be missed!

Enjoy your sunbathing then everyone and have a lovely week ahead........ 30 degrees forcast here in the UK by Wednesday...... PHEW!!!

TTFN and TFL xxx

7 comments:

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Tara,l love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Tara, the papers are just perfect for this lovely image.
The new BG pads are delish aren't they?
Enjoy the hot weather!
Hugs
Carole x

Gunn (Merete) said...

What a great way to do the challenge. I would never a tought of doing this. Maddison is so beautiful and the theme you choosed is perfect.
Basic Grey have such wonderful papers.
Love this card.

But I have to tell you, that I dont have the summer feeling outdoors yet. It is only 10,2 celsius here in North Norway, and the sun do pay us very short visits.
I guess it will be more of a summer later on.
So my summer feelings come by looking at the cards made for this challenge.
Hugs
Gunn :-)

Julie said...

Those papers are perfect for that image Tara, your card is very creatively, lovely work.

Di said...

This is just lovely Tara, i love the sun and the grass you have given it a really great summery feel.

Hope your feeling better!


Hugs DI xxxxxx

Sheila said...

Tara this is one fabulous card, I really love how you've put this one together, those papers are just gorgeous.
Hugs
Sheila xx

Kim x said...

Gorgeous card Tara, the sentiment is beautiful too.
kim x