Sunday 14 June 2009

Dottie's World Sunday Challenge - Father's Day
































YIPPEEEEEEE! I actually managed to do something other than a card, lol! Why is it when we're given a brief we automatically set about making a card - well I do anyway! But this week's Dottie's World Challenge got me thinking....... I'd bought a nice bottle of Merlot for my Pa and wanted to do something different than the customary bottle bag, then I remembered that I'd seen a tutorial for a kipper tie a while back and decided to have a go.

Well what great fun! It was actually easy and the result was quite pleasing! Don't you just love George too?! He really makes me laugh - what a poser!! If you fancy using him on one of your Father's Day projects you've got loads of time to get your downloads from here. And if you want to have a go at making a tie like this, you can find the instructions here. The ring which attaches the tie to the bottle is just two circular Nestie die cuts which have been attached and scored to create flexibility.

Here's a slightly closer view of how it all works.......

































I hope you can hop over to the challenge blog now for some Father's Day inspiration - the girls have all done such a fab job and there's something for every Dad, young and old!

Have a lovely day in the sun if you can ;o)

TTFN and TFL xxxx

25 comments:

Sheila said...

What a great idea Tara & a fab gift too, you're right George does look a right poser in his Elvis outfit, but then he is a cool old fellow too..lol.
Sheila xx

MarkerGeek said...

Hi Tara! Fab work! Love it!

Thank you so much for linking my store in your sidebar hun, hugely appreciated. :)

Anonymous said...

fab card sweetie. hugs Rachxx

Katy said...

Fab idea Tara! Love it! Your dad will love it :)

xx

Victoria said...

Great bottle Tag Tara. I'm sure your pa will love it!
Hugs, Vicky -x-

Karen Mortensen said...

Oohh, great idea Tara. Your dad will love his gift, that really makes it special. Fab! xx

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous card Tara, love the fun image and i'm sure your Dad will love it. Hope you have a great Sunday. Hugs Nikki x

Donna said...

This is fantastic Tara and what a great way to present your Dad's Merlot...he'll love it :) Donna x

Kort og Søm said...

Wow..so cool!!
Fredrikke :o)

Georgia said...

Hi Mum,
I love it! It's a great idea, I would never have been able to do that! I love the paper you've used to make it and the image is really nice! :)
Love, Georgia xx

Cass said...

LOL...this made me laugh Tara.Love the kipper tie.Your dad will love it.I've got that George download because I loved the rock guitarist...lol
Cass xxx

Gunn (Merete) said...

This totally rocks. Great idea for a gift.

Susie Sugar said...

What a fun card great idea
Hugs Susie xx

Adele said...

What a great idea Tara - I love it. George looks just wonderful!

love Dingle.xx

cats whiskers said...

What a brilliant idea just love that tie and the image is just perfect, hope you have had a good weekend Tara
Hugs Jacqui x

Riet said...

What a beautiful Tara.

Hugs Riet.x

amanda stokes said...

Fab card Tara!it made me smile :0)
hugs amanda x

Kelly Schelske said...

Fabulous Tara, love it!! I always think of a card as well, so thank you for a wonderful change!

Hugs, Kelly

Di said...

This is fab Tara well done you certainly think out of the box!! I think its great

Hugs di xxx

BettyBoop67 said...

WOW IT'S AWESOME, WHAT A GREAT IDEA. IT ROCKS :) SUE XX

Heather said...

This is an absolute fab.....err...thingy!! Bottle wotsit - tag? Anyway whatever you call it - I like it. I bet your dad loves it and the wine of course.
hugs Heather xx

Debbie said...

What a great bottle tag Tara, I love how you made it in the shape of a tie...brilliant idea and a perfect gift for fathers day. Debbie x

Laura (Faerielore) said...

what a fab idea hun and a great gift he will love it xxx

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

what a sweet guy card Tara,
i love the image! thats really adorable - i love the foldings!

tara.. so funny you ask about the stamps.. i just spoke with Bea and we speculate too when the new stamps come out. did Magnolia not post about a fariry and surfer collection too?

hugs
claudia

Sandra said...

Hi Tara....love the tie...great way to give the wine,your dad will love it!,nice to make something other than a card sometimes :0),and i love the George images too...really should use mine!,
Have a lovely day
Take care
San x