Tuesday 2 June 2009

Cute Card Thursday # 62 - Bit 'o Bling.....























Good afternoon lovely peeps - another glorious one!

Even though I am stuck at work we've got the radio on and the windows wide open, plus there are only a handle of students wondering round and the rest are in exams. I do feel a bit sorry for them actually - who wants to sit a two-hour Law exam in this weather?!

Anyway, I'd best get on with my card as I can't stay on here for long. I've used one of the new Miss Anya stamps which is perfect for paper piecing and decided to go with some bright, zingy colours for this one - must be the weather! I sat trying to come up with a suitable sentiment and in the end this song came to mind - it was either that or 'you can stand under my umbrella', lol! I'm entering the card into this week's Cute Card Thursday Challenge, which is 'a bit of bling'. The bling I've used is the black sparkly gems - they don't show up that well in photo but they are nice and sparkly IRL.

Materials:
Image - The Greetings Farm
Sentiment - Computer Generated
Flower Stamp - Dawn Bibbey
Papers - Basic Grey Lime Rickey
Die - Sizzix Swirl
Colouring - Copics
Embellishments - Chipboard Corner and Black Gems from stash

I've also uploaded a couple of piccies of the Clematis flowers currently blooming in my garden. I was told when I first got into gardening that they can be quite tricky to grow, but all that stroking and talking to them must be paying off! Hope you like them ;o)



























Catch you later then and enjoy yourselves if you're sunbathing today...... don't get too pink!!

TTFN and TFL xxx

24 comments:

Sheila said...

Gorgeous card Tara.. I really love Miss Anya, will glad when she's back in stock over here in the UK, she's like gold dust to get hold...lol.
I love your clematis too also fab colours.. I have a really deep Burgandy one in my garden which is a bit gorgeous too..lol.
Hugs
Sheila xx

Danielle said...

Beautiful card Tara - I love the paper piecing you did! Your colours and papers are just fab and I LOVE the sentiment (great song)!! Stunning pictures of your clematis - the colour is just breathtaking! So glad you're enjoying glorious sunshine - we desperately need some here!
Hugs, Danielle

MarkerGeek said...

Lovely! I can't wait to get hold of these Anya stamps.

Great pics of your clematis - gorgeous!

Karen said...

Gorjus card Tara, love the stitching detail and the lovely bright colours. Those clematis look stunning.


Love Karen xxx

coldwaters2 said...

I do so love your card it is very funky the colours are great and love that sentiment. I also love your layout it looks very designeresk.
Your flowers are beautiful I have several in my garden and have lost some as well, maybe I didn't stroke them enough lol.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Riet said...

Woww Tara,what a beautiful card,l love the image and papers.
So gorgeous colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Victoria said...

Gorgeous card Tara. Love the vibrant colours you've used and these adorable new Anya's. Mine have just landed on my doorstep this morning and I can't wait to ink these little cuties up!
Hugs, Vicky -x-

Julie said...

Fab card Tara, really great layout and colours. I'm not into gardening myself but the Clematis looks gorgeous.

Tab said...

Fab card hun, love the image, so sweet! Ooooh I have those clematis, they are gorgeous, love um!
Hugs Tab xxx

Donna said...

Fantastic card Tara and such fab stitching and papers you have used....love the sentiment too...perfick :) gorgeous piccy's of your Clematis, they are gorge :) Donna x

cheryl said...

wow beautiful card as always hun love cheryl xxxxx

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Hi Tara,
I love the bold colours of this card and Anya looks very happy with her co-ordinating outfit..

Emma xxx

Mina said...

gorgeous card Tara, I love yourpaper piecing...those clematis are just so stunning xxx

Laura (Faerielore) said...

Gorgeous card hun i love these new miss anya images and i love the paper pieces, looks FAB !!!! and those clemaris are beautiful i love it when all my flowers come out in the garden :) xxx

Cass said...

Fantastic card Tara.Love how you've paper pieced her with those fab papers.Love the sentiment too.
Your clematis looks stunning.Just goes to show that whether it be paper or flower stroking,they both work equally well,as the results are gorgeous....lol.
Cass xxx

Karen said...

Tara I've left something on my blog for you.

Love Karen xxx

Heather said...

I think we must have the same plants, I have this clematis - but guess what - it's onlu just in bud, and I talk, stroke and give them tender loving care, I'm sure you live further south than you're admitting.
Fab card, love the colours and papers, Anya really suits that red spotty cape and that flower is stunning.
hugs Heather xx

Sandra said...

Hi Tara...beautiul card,such a bright and cheery colour scheme...love the sentiment too!
Your clematis are gorgeous,
Take care
San x

Di said...

This card is just fab Tara and i love your flowers in your garden you must be very green fingered! Maybe use them for inspiration for CC.

Hugs Di xx

Christine said...

Hi Tara this is one fab card just love these images & you have made her look very much a modern miss... the Clematis are looking brill just planted 4 myself & my Rhodos are looking great too must take some piccys.

Christine xx

Maggie Bob said...

I totally adore this card. It's so bright, and the stitching and paper-piecing just brings everything together so well.

xx

Carole said...

Fabulous Miss Anya...love the sentiment!
Your flowers are stunning.
Hugs
Carole x

Tara Godfrey said...

Oh this is is just toooooo darn cute! I love her! She is so sweet and the paper piecing is perfect! That sentiment is just tooooo funny...I love it! You are so clever!
Now, I wanna know...how do you have time to work, raise kidos, take card of a house and a husband make stunning cards, blog AND garden!!?? You're Super Tara,lol!!! Those clematis are stunning, hun!!!! I can't get the green stuff to grow for the life of me,lol!!!
Hugs,t

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

what a fabulous card.
love the coloring !