Friday 12 June 2009

Cute Card Thursday # 64 - Quotations.........























Well I hope the quote on my card makes the grade for this week's Cute Card Thursday Challenge - it's an old Penny Black sentiment I have in my stash and I always think it's a nice way to celebrate someone's birthday. Mind you, I do have another Penny Black sentiment which I like to use sometimes, which is 'It's Your Birthday, You're How Old?' I think that's an appropriate one to put on my Dad's card for his birthday next week actually so I might be fishing it out. I've been thinking about my Dad's card a bit because he probably wouldn't appreciate a cutesy one - hmmmmmm, the first love in his life has always been red buses as he drove one for many years and has studied the history of British transport (I know, yawn, lol!). So please be prepared - I'm thinking of decoupaging a big red bus for his card and might just upload it if I dare. Do you want to take a look?

I really enjoyed making this Hanglar card and using some more scrummy papers from the Porcelain range, they're sooooooo pretty and summery. I took my piccie this morning before I left for work and the sun was streaming onto the shrub outside my front door, so I just let it catch the top of my card a bit....... well you've got to capture the sun wherever you can, lol! I'm having a bit of a run on faux stitching and distressing at the minute and really loving colouring with my Polys too (mustn't neglect the Copics though as they cost too much for that!!!) - am I getting a bit better with me pencils Tab?

Right ho, back to the day job again...... I've been clock watching today which isn't good but we're just about to have an office meeting so that'll pass an hour!

I think I'll make a card for this week's Just Magnolia Challenge tonight, as I love paper piecing and will enjoy playing along ;o)

Catch you later then, you lovely peeps!

TTFN and TFL xxxx

32 comments:

Sparkle and Flourish said...

Gorgeous hunny! love your colouring!! Looks FAB!!The faux stitching looks so real! And do show us what you make your Dad! I think we should be able to appreciate all styles!!
Judy xx

MarkerGeek said...

Utterly gorgeous, Tara! Love it.

Caroline said...

Stunning card as usual Tara! Love these colours. Caroline x

The Crafty Blonde said...

Fabulous card, love the gorgeous Hanglar image coloured beautifully may I add. The BG papers are just delish & I love the Faux stitching and distressing.
Lyndsey xx

Katy said...

Gorgeous card Tara :) Love the sentiment!!

xx

Janiel/ janny said...

WOW WOW WOW Tara!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this card!! You have done a gorgeous job of it!!!! WOW!!!! I love this little image and have never seen it... I wish we could buy these images....I drool over them a lot.. hugz to you sweetie, janny

Sonia said...

Beautiful Tara and coloured perfectly, the papers are yummy. Oh how we all love these images :)
Hugs Sonia x

Martine said...

oh wow tara this is stunning, i love the colours and your image choice is sooooo cute :), thanks for entering and advertising my blog candy darlin :), hope you are well

speak soon hunni


xx

Martine

pickle said...

Wow Tara this is a stunner!! love everything about it hun especially your fabby colouring! kerry x

Victoria said...

Fab card Tara. Love the H&S image, gorgeous colours, LO and cute sentiment!
Have a great weekend!
Hugs, Vicky -x-

Stacey said...

This is totally fabulous Tara! Your colouring is absolutely brilliant, don't think it could get any better than this :o)

Christine said...

Hi Tara this is gorgeous I love Pink/Green & this image love it all.

Christine xx

Tab said...

LOL, yes hun your colouring is fab! Love these images and I love the the colours and papers you have used too!
Have a fab weekend!
Hugs Tab xxx

Anonymous said...

Another stunning card Tara,
Sue x

Pia said...

WOW This is totally fabulous

Di said...

Hiya Tara
This is just beautiful i love it just fab, i love the way you've coloured the image, i love the stitching and the scallop punch, i fact i love everything about it!!
Guess what my uncle is into buses big time! hah how about that, he has even been asked to go on the radio to talk about them. Knows all there is to know and collects all the minatures and goes on days out etc. Sounds a bit like a crafter but with buses. He also likes planes. I struggle every year for a card, he also collects frogs in his garden so i usually make a frog card, i have seen a double decker bus stamp somewhere.

Speak soon Hugs Di xxxx

Cass said...

Another fantastic card Tara.Love the BG papers,they're so yummy.Fab sentiment too.
Cass xxx

June Houck said...

Oh, this IS cute! And I love those BG papers with it. So pretty!

Danni said...

Another beautiful card!! Gorgeous!

Sue said...

What a beautiful card, so soft and candy sweet, I love everything about it! Sue xx

cheryl said...

wow all I can say hun its stunning as always great detail too lots love cheryl xxxxx

Tracey said...

Such a pretty card Tara! I love it!

Kelly Schelske said...

Awesome card Tara !

Hugs, Kelly

Kelly Schelske said...

Yay, I can comment now!!

debby4000 said...

Oh WOW this is so gorgeous, wonderful image and beautiful papers.
luv
Debby

katy said...

As cute as could be Tara ! Gorgeous colour combo and pretty details..just lovely.

Soooo i tempted you with OA papers, lol...they are yummy arnt they ?

Have a good weekend, Katy x

Lisa said...

Such a gorgeous card! Love it! x

Danielle said...

Oh wow Tara, this is totally adorable! Where does one get these Hanglar stamps?? The layout is fab and I love the distressing and shabby chic look you've achieved! Very cute sentiment too!
Hugs, Danielle

Ruth said...

Aha, these colours are always a winner,especially when used so expertly!! It's gorgeous, Ruth x

Chris said...

Well I'd say your colouring is perfection Sweetie and this card is absolutely stunning! The layout and the papers and all the little details are superb! I think the sentiment is gorgeous, haven't seen that one before. I look forward to seeing the wheels on the bus go round and round.... sorry I mean the big red bus... card. Your Dad will really appreciate that you found something so personal to him. Hugs, Chris xx

Sheila said...

Ohhh Tara hun this is gorgeous, lucky you to have the Hanglar stamps they are fab, I'd love some but don't know anyone over there boo hoo...lol, I love that Porcelain dp it's so yummy fab card.
Hugs
Sheila xx

Susie Sugar said...

Stunning simply stunning , your colouring is perfection
Hugs Susie xx